BYC Café

Good morning Cafe. Coffee is ready.

Looking forward to enjoying my last sunny warm day for a while. I don't mind the cold/cool weather but it wears me down when it's rainy/drizzly too.

I have another crate of pallet scrap waiting for me to pick up and stack. Then one more and I'll be happy with the amount of fuel wood I have for the season.

I was looking at the wood we have stacked. Then I remember how much bigger the piles were at the beginning of last fall. DH is feeling some pressure to get more cut and split. I help him haul, split, and stack. He does the felling and cutting.

We need a string of DRY Saturdays for him to get it done. And Sunday mornings. Sunday afternoon is football. (Priorities, you know.) So far, we haven't had the furnace come on.

The four big ones around the house are being taken down November 22. Since they're living trees, they won't be ready for at least a year. I'm so glad we spent the $$$ for the woodsplitter. That thing is a beast!

There is no way I would have built a run without a solid roof on it in my area.
This is from last winter. Granted, this was a record breaking amount of snow but we get a decent amount of snow every winter.
Yeah, well, we can't all have your skills and resources. ;)

I live in a snow belt, 15 miles from Lake Michigan, so we get lots of lake effect here....
...never had one like that one you had last winter.
I think 2-3' was the most in one storm. Frequently get more than a foot at a time tho.
Luckily I am retired so have lots of time to shovel. :D

Wish I had a pic of the first big snow storm with this run, it stuck to the mesh and damn near collapsed it, each section was sagging down a good foot. Had to walk thru 18" of snow to knock it off the mesh, thankfully nothing bent or broke. Now I shovel that access path and shovel frequently.

full

Good morning! It is 28F out there and the hot coffee is warming! We are heading down to the lower ranch and I am sure firewood is on the list. DS$ flys out to NC on Thursday and I think, yet again, that he is getting ready to gear-up for the competition. This is his first time going to this tournament so it will be a new experience and will offer excellent wrestling opportunities. Enjoy the day you all!

Back
Top Bottom