BYC Café

Good afternoon everyone!

Brought another freshly brewed pot to warm us up a bit.

We have hurricane warnings for the night and tomorrow, but the winds already started to almost blow us down this afternoon.
Well, and amidst of it all and totally unfazed, one of my pullets finally laid her first egg at exactly 23 weeks and 4 days of age: nicely rounded and olive coloured, weighing 52 g. :yesss:

Because you are pretty far inland from the warm Atlantic Ocean where they normally form. And don't they usually start as a low in the eastern Atlantic and become hurricanes as they cross to the west? I never considered that they would cross back across the North Atlantic and still have enough warm water to keep them going by the time they get to Europe.

They USUALLY blow out not too long after they exit the warm sea waters that feed them. Then decrease in intensity as they continue across land. At least they do here in the USA.

Because you are pretty far inland from the warm Atlantic Ocean where they normally form. And don't they usually start as a low in the eastern Atlantic and become hurricanes as they cross to the west? I never considered that they would cross back across the North Atlantic and still have enough warm water to keep them going by the time they get to Europe.

They USUALLY blow out not too long after they exit the warm sea waters that feed them. Then decrease in intensity as they continue across land. At least they do here in the USA.
The past 3 days brought winds from Africa with higher temperatures, but now they blow from the English Channel region.

Back
Top Bottom