BYC Café

Good morning. What's everybody have on their list today? We're dog-park bound later, and maybe yardwork.

The best news: we have a tentative date to get our pier footers poured for the coop. It's overkill, don't care. It'll make him happy to have a seriously solid foundation, and it makes me happy because Now We Can Start Building! We'll have it done in plenty of time for me to get poo boards, roosts, etc. installed, and the whole thing painted with several coats to dry/air out.

Y'all. I might actually have chickens this coming spring. Like really, and for true. After a decade of waiting.

we have a tentative date to get our pier footers poured for the coop. It's overkill, don't care.
Nothing wrong with that! I put my run on piers as I didn't want such a large structure floating on ground where I get lots of freeze/thaw cycles.
I installed a paver patio at my first house. Every winter there were two spots on that patio that would heave up about 8 inches then settle back down in the spring. Picture that happening under a floating bottom plate of a large run.
I might actually have chickens this coming spring.
Yay! :wee
It's Miss Maggie Mae's birthday. One year old today.
:eek: I cannot believe it's already been a year... are you getting her a cupcake?? :rolleyes:

:eek: I cannot believe it's already been a year... are you getting her a cupcake?? :rolleyes:
Sometimes it seems a miracle she's been allowed to survive. :lau She just destroyed a new rug in the living room - no real loss as I thought it was ugly. No cupcake, but she's getting a 'doggy ice cream'. Hopefully her 'trick' stomach can handle that.

It's Miss Maggie Mae's birthday. One year old today.
Happy first birthday Maggie Mae.

no real loss as I thought it was ugly.
Given that, can we here be SURE it was Maggie who destroyed the rug? Where was the Princess when this occurred? Without her seeing it, could be someone else is to blame ;)

Happy first birthday Maggie Mae.

Given that, can we here be SURE it was Maggie who destroyed the rug? Where was the Princess when this occurred? Without her seeing it, could be someone else is to blame ;)
The Princess was actually in her chair - right next to the destruction, but not paying attention. I think that I got in trouble for being on BYC. :lau

There really are no 'bad' dogs. ;)

Was partly sunny today, but unforecasted rain all night left everything too wet to mow(that's my story excuse and I'm sticking to it). With a fresh stack of books, who needs to leave the couch/house?
Finally turned the furnace on today, got tired of being chilled.

Interesting to see the changes in pecking/roosting order the last few nights.

Back
Top Bottom