BYC Café

Dark and dreary, cold and windy.
Temps were 45 early this morning, now right at freezing and still heading down.
Supposed to get down to 20 overnight.

Broody broke, 48 hours in crate and went to roost last night. :yesss:
She laid a small egg in crate, hope that means she wasn't too far gone and will continue to lay.

Good evening Cafe.
I've made a late pot of coffee. Help yourselves.
Cold and damp here.
Went to the opticians today. It was long overdue. I thought I might have cataracts given most of my family have had them in their later years.
Optician says I do have them but not serious enough to operate on yet. There is some sort of severity scale apparently which determines whether they will operate or not.
I used to have excellent long distance eyesight but now not so much.

IMG_4105.jpg

That's good. I'll be expecting the same eventually as well. Along with new knees.
I am working on needing a knee replacement! My left hip is getting bad too.

The Dr. told me to get the replacement before turning 70.

more type A and ambitious than I am.
Yeah, we know you have no ambition. I mean ANYONE with no ambition can raise, train and successfully compete dogs year after year ;)

Well, these guys were bored one day, and came over, asked if they could split wood. Yeah, I'm gonna say no to that! So for several days, a few of them would come over, split wood, and the pile grew. I baked cookies for them, but essentially they're young guys enjoying the exercise. You should have seen their competitions!
Fabulous! Good karma.

I am working on needing a knee replacement! My left hip is getting bad too.

The Dr. told me to get the replacement before turning 70.
Might want to do it sooner than later if the bad knee is causing extra wear on the hip. My uncle had a congenital problem in his hip, femur shortened when he was very young. One leg shorter than the other such that he had special shoes made with a 3" sole (think platform shoe ;) ). Walked on his toes if he wasn't wearing those shoes. Had a knee replacement some years ago on the OPPOSITE leg, the short leg limp caused it to wear abnormally.

Good morning and thanks for the coffee! My computer is now back up and running, it has been interesting. Sorry, DL, for your troubles... and hugs to anyone else that needs one:hugs!
It was cold here as well, 9F, but the sun is out and it is above freezing now so I guess I am off to do the clean-up chores. We had 85mph winds yesterday morning and it did some rearranging...
Have a great day!
I forgot to ask earlier, but how was your trip @Mtn Margie ?

Back
Top Bottom