BYC Café

Might want to do it sooner than later if the bad knee is causing extra wear on the hip. My uncle had a congenital problem in his hip, femur shortened when he was very young. One leg shorter than the other such that he had special shoes made with a 3" sole (think platform shoe ;) ). Walked on his toes if he wasn't wearing those shoes. Had a knee replacement some years ago on the OPPOSITE leg, the short leg limp caused it to wear abnormally.
I suspect both my left knee and left hip are in worse shape due to the foot drop on the right foot. That throws off my gait for sure

LF, my trip was fantabulous! We had a great time and did lots of fun things like a climbing place, holiday light carnival, parks, and a trip to a small aquarium that also had other critters. I was tired when I got back home and then HS wrestling started up after the Holiday and so things are still busy around here, which is good!
Now I guess it is time to get back into some sort of routine and we might actually get our first real snow on Thursday/night, who knows...
Enjoy the day!

With increasing age we all will wobble more or less, our former springy gait a faint memory. :old
My Mom's side has a lot of arthritis so likely genetics plays into it too.

I crushed my sciatica nerve in 2008 and am still paying for that lol!

LF, my trip was fantabulous! We had a great time and did lots of fun things like a climbing place, holiday light carnival, parks, and a trip to a small aquarium that also had other critters. I was tired when I got back home and then HS wrestling started up after the Holiday and so things are still busy around here, which is good!
Now I guess it is time to get back into some sort of routine and we might actually get our first real snow on Thursday/night, who knows...
Enjoy the day!
That's great! I'm glad your had such a good time, you sure deserve it after all the hard work!

What did you do to crush it?
I have congenital spinal stenosis and have had problems for as long as I can remember.

I crushed the nerve pushing a roll of roofing up a ladder. I had decompression surgery for it but still can't lift more than 100 pounds over my head-- puts too much pressure on the spine that way.

Last edited:
but still can't lift more than 100 pounds over my head-- puts too much presser on the spine that way.
I wouldn't be able to do so either, at least not without having to use a wheel chair after the first attempt.

I have congenital spinal stenosis and have had problems for as long as I can remember.
That is nasty for sure. Do you feel your feet still and have good equilibrium?

Back
Top Bottom