BYC Café

That's one big reason I don't want another dog.
When Dani our golden died it was with him sitting on the floor of his clinic with her head in his lap. He called me at near midnight to tell me that she had died. He lives a 45 minute drive from his clinic. I told him that was why he could never retire. He will never find someone who cares as deeply as he does about the animals he treats and their owners.

I am so looking forward to a mid-winter thaw. None on the horizon, though. As long as it's not raining, I go out and start turning the compost and forking mulch onto the garden.

Maybe in February. Sigh.
Was 36 here today, so kind of a thaw.
Clearing the shed roof and doors was pretty easy thanks to the mild temps.

Hearing all your winter woes, I'm not missing the bitter cold weather this year - it's been nice to be surrounded by green the last few weeks in British Columbia (well, after the arctic outflow here ended). The crocuses are almost out and there are buds on some of the trees already. Definitely feels far too early for spring!

Yeah, he thinks he is fine. Yesterday he was somewhat depressed when I got him out of his kennel - just not himself, and of course once we got back from the vet's he was not real happy - can't blame him. Today he is bouncing off the walls, and I related that to the vet. He says there is an outside possibility that there was a lodged stone that the catheter dislodged. :fl I wish I could be that optimistic.
I will pray for him to be cured then

Hearing all your winter woes, I'm not missing the bitter cold weather this year - it's been nice to be surrounded by green the last few weeks in British Columbia (well, after the arctic outflow here ended). The crocuses are almost out and there are buds on some of the trees already. Definitely feels far too early for spring!
Some of our daffodils are up!

Stayed above freezing all night, woke to sounds of eaves dripping.
Temps will plummet this morning and snow coming in off the lake later.
Good morning! 36 degrees here, and will fall all day. Back to the deep freeze in a couple days.

@aart, you're going to get the snow. We're going to get <1", if any. Be safe.

Back
Top Bottom