BYC Café

We used to have a vet like that. They are angels for our animals, aren't they?
I've always appreciated him as a professional and as a friend. I once watched him deal with a distraught elderly lady (yeah, even older than me) whose cat had an inoperable cancer in its jaw. He gently yet firmly convinced her that she had to let the cat go. I asked him how he was able to do it. He replied, "I have to."

Sour, your dogs are very lucky to have you in their lives and you always put their welfare above all else. Hugs! :hugs

It is ridiculously icy out here, cold, and foggy. Fire going in the woodstove and DH is upstairs not feeling well so it will be a good day to do inside chores.
Stay safe out there, Cafe!

Stay cozy Margie, hope your DH feels better soon.

I’m so sorry Sour! :hugs What was Dales full name?

I love that you will be able to scatter his ashes at the club. What a great tribute! 💜
Fd Ch Sourland Mt War Eagle - call name 'Dale' - named after his breeder a close friend. I got him as a pup. Friend uses Arapahoe as his kennel name and asked that I give the dog a Native American name. I said, I'll call him "lil Injun Dale." Friend was like, "NO, NO you can't do that. The first time he saw 'Dale' run, he said, "You could have named him Lil Injun Dale." :lau

Yesterday was a good day for Dale, but this morning was a different story. He was lethargic and refused breakfast. I called the vet, and he said he would meet me at the clinic (it's closed on Wednesday). He anesthetized the dog, put air in his bladder and took an X ray. Nothing more than was seen on Monday's X Rays. He then put something into the bladder, massaged to spread it around and took another X Ray. Dale's prostate lit up like a Christmas tree. Presumptive diagnosis prostate cancer with possible metastases to the lungs. I asked what he would do if it was his dog. He said, "I can't answer that." Yeah, he could. We talked about treatment with an anti inflammatory that had a chemo therapeutic side affect . I asked if I would be out of line if I asked to have him euthanized. Jim replied without hesitation, "No."

He wasn't a 'pet' in the truest sense of the word, but I really liked him. He was an absolute non PITA. We built a lot of memories. Even after all these years, all these dogs it still hurts. It's the hardest decision we have to make for our animals. I'll miss him, but his legacy will live on through his sons and daughters.

Another measure of my veterinarian friend. He came in on his day off - drove an hour to treat my dog. Not just because he's my friend, but because that's the person he is. Dale will be cremated, and his ashes will be spread at the beagle club.
So sorry for your loss, Sour.

Good morning Cafe. Coffee is ready.
We're dipping down low again tonight. Due it hit 1. Tomorrow night down to -14.
There is snow on the ground. It's supposed to rain all day, and then snow until midnight. This is a lousy situation. I am going to town to get my eyes checked and do a couple errands.
I am sure the goats are not going to want to go out in that mess. They hate being wet.

Good morning Cafe people!

Thanks for the coffee DL, I only took one cup so there's plenty left for those that come after me
coffee big.jpg

Back
Top Bottom