BYC Café

Two weeks from now, DH will be retired! The HR person from the company called me to ask what might be a good retirement gift. She said they'd get "some small things, and we know what kind of beer he likes, and that he's a Steelers fan, but we want to get something nice too." Like a budget of $500-1000 nice.
:eek:
That's what they think of him. How'd I get so lucky to marry this guy?

She was still out and about this morning so maybe that helped get her head cleared of this 'I've gotta have chicks' business.
For now ;)

Betty (2018 Welsummer) went in the buster last night, second time this year. She has gone broody every year. Nyx (5 toed black "Ameraucana") went in too. This is her first time, she is a year old.

BOY is she a nasty broody. She's a bit smaller than average in my flock but she was all wings and beak when I went to take her out of the nest box. I tried to prod her out with a stick about a foot long. Did she hit the stick? Heck no, she went for the hand holding it. I got her out and she pancaked on the floor. I picked her up for her ride to the other coop where Daisy the egg eater lives, usually sleeping on top of the buster cage, and made it unscathed but I think in the future I'll be wearing gloves with Nyx.

Back
Top Bottom