BYC Café

Sure! I'm going on vacation in a week.

Got the furniture placed and curtains hung in DHs apartment, took care of the paperwork and got the run down on how I will get him when I want.
I sent the manager a copy of Bella's and Skittles' rabies certificates so they are cleared for visits. Filled the propane tank on the way home. Ran the dogs, ate breakfast, started the crockpot and up I went.

Got the house ridge opened up to about 2.5 inches, the vents attached, everything capped and about 95% of the mess cleaned up. Started to cut out and install the vent on the addition but I need 3 more pieces. I'll get them tomorrow and finish the roof.

While I was up there I cleaned the chimney then scraped down the inside of the stove and cleaned all the crud out. The catalytic combustor was really plugged so I hit it with compressed air and lightly brushed it. All the little honeycombs are wide open again.
Unfortunately, I don't have any more gasket material so I can't put it back. I'll run to the local Blazeking dealer and get a strip of gasket tomorrow. The house is still comfortable.

I seriously looked like a chimney sweep when I was done so into the shower I went.
I then finished preparing my honeynut squash soup where I tried some new seasonings. O.M.G.!! SO good. I had it with some mesquite BBQ rubbed thin grilled pork chops.

NOW I'm going to rest! (Yes, I did remember to lock up the birds...)
Where are you going? Annual fall day cruise? Rescuing alien creatures from the beach?

Sure! I'm going on vacation in a week.

Got the furniture placed and curtains hung in DHs apartment, took care of the paperwork and got the run down on how I will get him when I want.
I sent the manager a copy of Bella's and Skittles' rabies certificates so they are cleared for visits. Filled the propane tank on the way home. Ran the dogs, ate breakfast, started the crockpot and up I went.

Got the house ridge opened up to about 2.5 inches, the vents attached, everything capped and about 95% of the mess cleaned up. Started to cut out and install the vent on the addition but I need 3 more pieces. I'll get them tomorrow and finish the roof.

While I was up there I cleaned the chimney then scraped down the inside of the stove and cleaned all the crud out. The catalytic combustor was really plugged so I hit it with compressed air and lightly brushed it. All the little honeycombs are wide open again.
Unfortunately, I don't have any more gasket material so I can't put it back. I'll run to the local Blazeking dealer and get a strip of gasket tomorrow. The house is still comfortable.

I seriously looked like a chimney sweep when I was done so into the shower I went.
I then finished preparing my honeynut squash soup where I tried some new seasonings. O.M.G.!! SO good. I had it with some mesquite BBQ rubbed thin grilled pork chops.

NOW I'm going to rest! (Yes, I did remember to lock up the birds...)
You GO girl!!!

Where are you going? Annual fall day cruise? Rescuing alien creatures from the beach?
Just Vermont. Further north than last year. Up near Burke. So you all will be inundated with covered bridge pictures again. And maybe one of me on horse back. And Bella and Skittles riding a gondola.
I'm taking my niece with me.

Just Vermont. Further north than last year. Up near Burke. So you all will be inundated with covered bridge pictures again. And maybe one of me on horse back. And Bella and Skittles riding a gondola.
I'm taking my niece with me.
I’m so jealous! I can’t wait to see the pics!

Good morning Cafe!

A nice Arabica is waiting for you on the counter, so grab a mug for a good start:
1664017054157.png

@DobieLover How is Bella doing today?

Good morning Cafe and thanks for the delicious coffee, LF!

I'm a bit stiff and creaky this morning but will get going soon enough.
It's now chilly in the house so I'll be heading to the woodstove dealer soon to get the gasket.
Bella was limping on yesterday mornings run. Front right. She got worse as the day progressed. I'm going to keep her on injured reserve today. I don't know what she did. I thoroughly examined that leg, toenail to shoulder, and couldn't find anything. She's better this morning. I'll take them with me into the stores this morning for some stimulation for her. She loves meeting new peeps.

Back
Top Bottom