BYC Café

Good morning Cafe and thanks for the coffee. I'm only just now getting up. I went to bed before 8 yesterday. Feel asleep around 9. Up at 4 to take the dogs out. Back to bed. I guess my marathon activities to get to vacation caught up to me.

I finally figured out what is causing Bella's limping. The tendon behind her leg just above her wrist is swollen. I iced it last night and that helped. I'll do it again this morning if it's swollen again otherwise I'm switching to warm compresses and strict rest.
Always on leash when outside.
No playing.
No running.
I'm calling a local vet to see if I can get her in for an exam and an NSAID prescription.
Poor Bella's vacation is ruined.

Not ruined - only modified.
Maya came to visit us while my niece and I were out on the deck having our breakfast and the dogs were closed up inside the house. About 3 minutes later we could see Bella come tearing across the front yard and around back to join Maya. She opened two doors to get out of the house and neither of them were lever style. :rolleyes:
This is going to be a hard girl to keep quiet.

I think this is going to be the norm until all of the dead ash trees come down. It's not extremely windy, but apparently windy enough to bring down some of them.
Perhaps your utility companies need to think about being proactive. My power company has a surcharge for ash tree removal and are taking down any that are near power lines. Fix it before it breaks in this case. Costs a lot less than fixing after.

Perhaps your utility companies need to think about being proactive. My power company has a surcharge for ash tree removal and are taking down any that are near power lines. Fix it before it breaks in this case. Costs a lot less than fixing after.
They are doing this, but Ash trees were an extremely common tree here. The number of dead trees is astronomical. Power came back on at 10:30.

Back
Top Bottom