BYC Café

This is so true - I do get to look out at pretty stonework buildings, so all is well in that regard. What convinced them in the 1970s that these concrete buildings were works of art is beyond me. Haha.

Dalhousie University, Halifax. Nova Scotia - it's the Life Sciences Centre (Biology, Earth Sciences, etc.). All the buildings on campus are beautiful modern works of art or old stunning stonework... all except for our building and the library...
No wonder it look familiar. Graduated from that University. Been a long time though.

The guy leveled the building up for us. Set it on concrete blocks. Here's the interior.

Attachments

• 20221128_163145.jpg
    20221128_163145.jpg
    278.8 KB · Views: 4
Letters/bills delivered to wrong address on Sat.
I marked them and put back in the box.
Today those were gone, replaced with a new one to the wrong address.
Really gotta think that's today's 'mistake' was not a mistake. :he :he :he
Have never had any trouble with mail delivery in the 22 years I've lived here.
My neighbor is actually my carrier, or was.

Good morning Cafe. Coffee is ready.

Had nurse sis take a look at Skittle's stump yesterday and she declared "It looks really good. Just a little pink where he must have cut it".
I'm going to take him to PetSmart on my next day off to get him a set of boots. I'll have one boot for him and three spares!! :lol:

Good morning Cafe! Thanks for the coffee DL!

That's good that healing is going well for Skittle's paw. I'm sure the boots will be appreciated (maybe not at first, but in the long run while it completely heals up).

Here's a photo looking out from our lab/office at the much nicer stonework buildings - though being in the city is still not to my taste...

tempImageve4y4J.png

Have never had any trouble with mail delivery in the 22 years I've lived here.
My neighbor is actually my carrier, or was.
Your neighbor carrier is possibly on vacation .... or has moved to another office (temp or permanent) or quit the PO all together.

I don't know about everywhere but here there is a serious shortage of carriers. DW is the clerk at a smallish PO here and has had no full time carrier for the 1 rural route for over a year. The postmaster is at the other smallish PO in the 2 office "installation". They have 2 routes and so far they have carriers and the one on the smaller route sometimes goes to DW's office after their route is finished. Other times a carrier can be borrowed from another larger office. The residents haven't gotten proper 6 day service for MANY, MANY months. Often after her 7 hour office closes DW cases mail (the carrier's job), delivers packages, sometimes delivers mail. She can't do a lot of delivering now though as it is dark by 4:30 PM and she won't deliver in the dark, too dangerous.

All that to say - if your regular carrier is out, the sub/replacement is more likely to make mistakes since they don't know the route as well.

breezes... 50mph
:gig :lau breezes!

Your neighbor carrier is possibly on vacation

All that to say - if your regular carrier is out, the sub/replacement is more likely to make mistakes since they don't know the route as well.
There are definitely other carriers, always have been.
This has nothing to do with 'knowing the route', it's not paying attention to what's put in the box...the first time. But taking a clearly marked 'wrong address' note(on 2 items with different, but nearby, names/addresses) then putting in another wrong address is clearly either extreme stupidity or I suspect, more likely an intentional action.
It's kinda scary and infuriating that I might not get the mail I need and there's likely nothing to be done about it. Our local post office has had problems in the past but it's never affected my deliveries.

Back
Top Bottom