BYC Café

It was -22°F (the REAL temp) here Saturday morning. Apparently that is the cold end of the Leaf's "operating temperature" based on the battery temperature gauge but DW got to work. Probably couldn't have driven it if she hadn't had it plugged in and prewarmed the cabin and batteries.

Then yesterday, water pressure dropped while DW was taking her morning shower. I turned off the switch to the controller then back on and pressed the override switch as well. No good. Reset the breaker (it wasn't tripped) and the pump ran. But apparently that was the last time because later in the day, pressure drop again. Nothing I could think of to do got it going again.

Called the well company and left a message. The office guy called this morning, asked if it was frozen. Nope. The repair guy came about 9:30 this morning. Looked at it, took the cover off the pressure switch to look at it, lit his propane torch and a few seconds on the 1/4" pipe under it going to the water pipe, presto it started running.

Turns out there is a TINY hole in that pipe under the switch and when it gets really cold the hole can get frost frozen. Pump won't run if air can't get in/out of that hole. The basement is heated to 45°F but apparently not enough of that heat gets over to the east (rubblestone) wall. The pressure switch is maybe 6" from the wall. So when he asked if it was frozen, I didn't understand what he meant, the PIPE wasn't frozen and we could get low pressure water out of the tank while it pressure, but we stopped using water when the pressure gauge went down below 30 psi and the pump didn't run.

So now I know what to do if it happens again but I think I'll just put a fan down there to move warm air toward the west wall if it gets super cold again.

It's slit your wrist weather here. And to compound the abysmal weather, my back/right shoulder pain that I have been dealing with for months has finally pushed me over the edge of insanity. I can only think of the pain now so I've made an appointment with a chiropractor. I haven't needed to see one in over a decade and will spend $100 on the first visit so I know I'm desperate.
Hoping you get relief soon. Hugs.

Hoping you get relief soon. Hugs.
I called two different chiropractors in the area that had extremely high reviews. The first one, 5 star rated, said they could get me in on March 15th. The second one I called, with a 4.9 star rating, said that I could come in this Friday morning. Decisions, decisions.
Then I called my insurance to see if they would cover it. I was told that after I met the deductible ($1,750) that my co-pays would be $65. When I asked the second office if they took my insurance they said they did not even though the insurance website said they took that doctor. But they told me that the first visit would be $100 and any visit after that would be $50. So that would be 33 visits just to meet my deductible. There's no way I'm going to need that many visits. So it really doesn't matter that they don't accept my insurance other than I would like that money to go towards my deductible to start to drive it down just in case I need it for anything else. I will ask them to submit even if they don't accept it because we've already agreed I will be self-pay.

It's slit your wrist weather here. And to compound the abysmal weather, my back/right shoulder pain that I have been dealing with for months has finally pushed me over the edge of insanity. I can only think of the pain now so I've made an appointment with a chiropractor. I haven't needed to see one in over a decade and will spend $100 on the first visit so I know I'm desperate.
I had a great Chiropractor in Catalonia. One visit when the pain in my shoulder got drastic usually did the job.

my back/right shoulder pain that I have been dealing with for months has finally pushed me over the edge of insanity.
What did you do to it?
I got more relief from back/neck/shoulder pain from what I learned about muscular support/conditioning of the skeleton from a very good PT.
Had one chiro who said it has nothing to do with the muscles :rolleyes: BS!

What did you do to it?
When I was 26, an 81 year old man was driving down the wrong side of a divided highway and hit my truck. Basically our left headlights hit as I swerved to the right to try to avoid him. He was going about 45-50 mph, I was up to about 30-35 mph. My neck/upper back have been squirrely ever since.
It got aggravated again 15 years ago when another 81 year old man blacked out behind the wheel and slammed into my drivers side door when DH and I were on our way to Cape Cod and totaled the car.
It doesn't take much of an insult to get it to lock up.

When I was 26, an 81 year old man was driving down the wrong side of a divided highway and hit my truck. Basically our left headlights hit as I swerved to the right to try to avoid him. He was going about 45-50 mph, I was up to about 30-35 mph. My neck/upper back have been squirrely ever since.
It got aggravated again 15 years ago when another 81 year old man blacked out behind the wheel and slammed into my drivers side door when DH and I were on our way to Cape Cod and totaled the car.
It doesn't take much of an insult to get it to lock up.
Ah, the old injury shit cropping up......got a few of those.
Any bones broken?

Back
Top Bottom