BYC Café

We were in an accident when an old guy fell asleep while driving the other direction. My husband swerved, but there was still a collision. Ripped tires right off our car and we ended up in the fast lane of the other side of the road. I told hubby we needed to get out of the car asap. My window was broken, and there was glass everywhere. We both got out of the car and went to wait for police to get there.
We both had broken ribs. Hubby didn't bother going to the ER, but i did. We couldn't find a rental car, as ours was totalled. Had to call neighbors to come and get us.

there was glass everywhere
Us too. I was picking safety glass out of my scalp all week.
We both had broken ribs
That had to hurt!
Did you have air bags?
Had to call neighbors to come and get us.
I got carted off to the hospital in an ambulance and DH was left sitting at the side of a very busy road with three Dobermans, Mogwai in a carrier and all our supplies we were bringing to Cape Cod.
My dad came with the van and picked him, the dogs, the cat and all our stuff up and took him home while I was being processed at the hospital to check for a concussion or more serious damage in my neck.
This was on Memorial Day weekend and there wasn't an SUV rental to be found. When I was released from the hospital we started calling every rental place in the area with no luck. We ended up driving down to Wilkes-Barre airport to get an SUV, went home, loaded up and took off. We got to the house we rented during the wee hours of the morning the following day.

Last edited:
Good morning Cafe. Coffee is ready.

I let Piper sleep in the bed with me and Skittles last night. She did okay. She harassed Skittles for a bit and I had to keep grabbing and holding her before she caught on. She woke up at 3:30 but wasn't really fussy. I took her out anyway and she had a good pee.

DH is flying to Atlanta tomorrow to be a hero for the company he used to work for. He needs to help dismantle a tradeshow booth with another guy from the company. The workers at the show were deemed, "less than worthless," so DH is going down to keep the booth from being wrecked. It's a two person job, and they have to know what they're doing.

Us too. I was picking safety glass out of my scalp all week.

That had to hurt!
Did you have air bags?

I got carted off to the hospital in an ambulance and DH was left sitting at the side of a very busy road with three Dobermans, Mogwai in a carrier and all our supplies we were bringing to Cape Cod.
My dad came with the van and picked him, the dogs, the cat and all our stuff up and took him home while I was being processed at the hospital to check for a concussion or more serious damage in my neck.
This was on Memorial Day weekend and there wasn't an SUV rental to be found. When I was released from the hospital we started calling every rental place in the area with no luck. We ended up driving down to Wilkes-Barre airport to get an SUV, went home, loaded up and took off. We got to the house we rented during the wee hours of the morning the following day.
There were air bags, can't remember if they went off. I was in shock.

Back
Top Bottom