BYC Café

I have been holding off throwing MacKenzie into the clink because of Jody's chick needing to use the baby bottle. Well she's now big enough to hop up and drink out of the adult waterer so I decided to do the deed.

I tossed the scratch out for the flock, lifted Astrid off of her nest and tossed her out the door and then went about cleaning the boards. MacKenzie heard the ruckus with everybody flying out to get the scratch and she willingly flew out of her nest to join them.

While I was finishing up in the coop Astrid came barreling in with her ticking time bomb clucking going off, fully puffed up and her wings out. I figured she'd run into MacKenzie out in the pen and was still agitated.

Sure enough, MacKenzie came in with the same posture and then they started to fight again. I reached down to grab MacKenzie and she flew up on the boards which was her undoing because it made it very easy for me to grab her tail then tuck her under my arm football style and toss her into the clink.

What a couple of idiots!

Got stuff growing. My back is complaining.:rolleyes: All done with one tool, a mini mattock. The only thing that hasn't got above ground yet are the brussel sprouts. I may have put them in too deep.
All the fruit bushes I transplanted at completely the wrong time of year have survived the shock, albeit with some dead shoots but they are replacing them slowly. The tomatoes will be a test. Normally this area just doesn't get enough sunshine. The last three weeks have been exceptional with one very minor attempt at raining.
P6041227.JPG

We need some rain too, the ground is already cracked up and risk if forest fires very high.
Up to April 5th, this was the wettest year on record. Since then, the driest. We have had a trace of rain since April 5th, the kind that leaves spots in the dust on your car. Fire danger is high here too.

Good morning Cafe! Thanks for the coffee DL!

By the end of today 3 of the 6 gardens will be fully planted! Just got in from tilling two beds and planting one of them (shelling peas, lentils, kale, chard, beets, celery, nasturtiums). One of the other beds is half full of red potatoes (early season) that are coming up nicely and we’ll be putting carrots and some leafy greens in there. A couple of random things too probably. The third garden is all garlic and that is up.

After this there’s three more to go! Those will be mostly green/yellow beans, peas, squash, and cucumbers.

Here’s some tulips that the rain broke off.

View attachment 3528497
I thought you are supposed to plant garlic in the fall?

Got stuff growing. My back is complaining.:rolleyes: All done with one tool, a mini mattock. The only thing that hasn't got above ground yet are the brussel sprouts. I may have put them in too deep.
All the fruit bushes I transplanted at completely the wrong time of year have survived the shock, albeit with some dead shoots but they are replacing them slowly. The tomatoes will be a test. Normally this area just doesn't get enough sunshine. The last three weeks have been exceptional with one very minor attempt at raining.
View attachment 3529110
I never had pea vines grow so long! Some of them are 5 feet tall! Higher bed fencing next year! I ate a few peas. I think in about a week, they will be ready to pick. The beans are also starting to produce too, but it will be a while longer before those are ready to pick. I planted more tomato plants, in a very sunny spot. And pulled a bunch more weeds.
Got 2 foot high rabbit fence all the way around the flower garden. Danged animals are eating plants i have not even put in the ground yet! It needs to stop!

Back
Top Bottom