BYC Cookbook- Going to be re-released! DEADLINE EXTENDED TO JUNE 25!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What fun! I'm new in the past year to Backyard Chickens so I didn't even know there was a cookbook. I can't wait to buy one. The call for recipes sent me into the kitchen to try to recreate something that was made for me as a welcome breakfast when I first moved to California. My hostess served my breakfast outside, something I had never taken the luxury to do. Little did I know that this first welcome to my new state would be the beginning of enjoying the outdoors in a new way, later including my own garden, beautiful outdoor living spaces, and (yes!) backyard chickens!

The first edition will be imported as soon as we are done taking submissions. Then we will go through and remove duplicates.
I have my own copy at the ready, so as recipes are entered, I am checking them against the book. If you have questions about your recipe being a duplicate, PM me and I will check for you.

Oh, and in the notes of the recipe, if you want to add an interesting bit of history about your recipe, please feel free. For example, in the tortilla recipe I submitted in the first cookbook, I added a bit about being a child at my grandparents ranch and stood next to the stove watching my grandmother making the daily tortillas for supper.

Making me select a state(link is working now)... I am Canadian what do I select?
I emailed the cookbook support people and they will be removing the location requirement for log in. This change should be in place in the next day or so. Thank you for bringing that to my attention!

The first edition will be imported as soon as we are done taking submissions. Then we will go through and remove duplicates.
I have my own copy at the ready, so as recipes are entered, I am checking them against the book. If you have questions about your recipe being a duplicate, PM me and I will check for you.

Oh, and in the notes of the recipe, if you want to add an interesting bit of history about your recipe, please feel free. For example, in the tortilla recipe I submitted in the first cookbook, I added a bit about being a child at my grandparents ranch and stood next to the stove watching my grandmother making the daily tortillas for supper.

Quote: Thanks! And I gues in a way, you;re welcome.

Read posts, so never mind this question....
hmm.png
. Can't wait to see the finished product.

I had a hard time adding paragraph separations. Also I submitted one "recipe" that is more of a blog entry on basic egg-cooking methods. If it's too messy just delete the whole thing, sorry. Thanks, sounds like a fun idea!

Is there a time frame for this project? How long do we have to submit recipes? I have a two more recipes to add, but haven't had the time to get them typed in.

Hi, the deadline for submissions is June 15th. Then we have about 2 weeks to get it all edited and ready for publishing!

Thanks to all for your awesome recipes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom