BYC Couples

They were the cutest dang things! Little fluffs.
You and I, both. I'm especially hoping for the SG egg -- I've wanted a Poppy baby for a while, and she doesn't lay eggs very often, so it was really great to find Hrutka sitting on one of her eggs!
Offspring of these two idiots:
IMG_20220510_124237030.jpg
IMG_20220430_195547151.jpg

They should grow faster! *grumble*
I'm baby-deprived. I had to sell mine, and Emma's broody babies (technically my grandchildren) never hatched, and now I am lonely and empty. :(
:hugs
I didn't get any chicks last year, so I've been itching for babies, too.
I can find some photos of the BB/OEGB babies if you give me a minute, if you'd like.

They should grow faster! *grumble*
I'm baby-deprived. I had to sell mine, and Emma's broody babies (technically my grandchildren) never hatched, and now I am lonely and empty. :(
And I have a dedicated, motherly broody who only wants children and will never leave her nest. She wants children badly. She has been broody multiple times before and she literally just turned 2.
She bites and kicks and guards her eggs. But they are empty. And she will be sadder than ever when I finally break her and she has no babies to mother. :(
I think I will have Emma send me 1-2 fertile eggs next year. Salt will surely be hormonal and baby-crazy again.

And I have a dedicated, motherly broody who only wants children and will never leave her nest. She wants children badly. She has been broody multiple times before and she literally just turned 2.
She bites and kicks and guards her eggs. But they are empty. And she will be sadder than ever when I finally break her and she has no babies to mother. :(
I think I will have Emma send me 1-2 fertile eggs next year. Salt will surely be hormonal and baby-crazy again.
The easier track to take would be to slip sexed pullet chicks under Salt because then she'd only have daughters (and could have more) and I wouldn't have to deal with roosters who are illegal.
But Emma has 6 of my babies and I want to have Salt hatch out her very own step-grandchildren. 🥰

I'd love it if Marshmallow, their mother and the white hen in the background, would go broody again -- she was a determined sitter and wonderful mother. She and Baba would roost together almost every night until Babs died.
I wonder how she'll take to any chicks that hatch this year. I don't intend to let her near enough them to touch -- Hrutka would probably fly into a rage, anyway -- but hopefully she won't be too aggressive during integration. She's feisty.

Back
Top Bottom