BYC Crochet Club **ARCHIVE THREAD** NEW THREAD OPENED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations, skand! I knew you could do it!!!
clap.gif
clap.gif
Can't wait to see the finished project!

Ladies, I'm hoping someone here can help me. I have an afghan that I started for my son about 4 years ago. I had put it aside, and have recently pulled it back out to finish. Now, I realize that I am running out of the yarn I need to complete it. I'm looking for Red Heart TLC Dark Sage. And, of course, it appears to have been discontinued. Does anyone here happen to have a 2 or 3 skein stash of that somewhere?

Maw......you do know that cedar shavings are toxic to chickens right? They get into respiratory distress from the fumes and die. Be careful!!
hugs.gif

I'll look through my stash too LC, sounds like a Christmasy color so I'll look with those yarns
smile.png

Sign-Ups are now Open!
thYarnAddicts.jpg

th38163b14.jpg

Theme: "Anything Goes" Feel free to experiment and challenge your skills for this swap! Hexagons, Circles, Squares, Triangles, or "Other" crocheted shapes are all welcomed!! (No amigurumi in this swap.)

Color: Any! Mix it up or stay the same, up to you!

Size: 6" minimum - 12" maximum. Try to be consistent though, for example, all of your squares should be pretty near the same size, all of your circles should be pretty near the same size....

Pattern: Any! Feel free to mix up your patterns and make every square different or every hexagon different, or all the same, up to you!

thYarnGirl.jpg

Number: As many as there are participants in the swap.
thcrazyboutcrochetblinkie.jpg

Dates: Chat and gab and get to know one another in this thread. Post as often as you like! Official sign-up opens on February 1, 2009 and Closes on March 1, 2009. All items are due to me no later than May 1, 2009.

New folks are encouraged to visit with us here in this thread and post and get to know us! Chickens are not required, in fact several members of this group are not chicken owners! We are always happy to have new friends here in the crochet club! We'd love to have you join the fun, join the swap or any other projects that we have going on!!!!

thSpiderIllustration06.jpg

granny.jpg
thwoolywoman.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

When you have finished your Shapes, send me a pm and I'll send you my address so that you can mail in your work.

thrwgoodyarn1.gif

You will be required to send your crocheted shapes in individual ziplock bags with your username and real name on each bag. In addition, you will need to send $10.00 for Flat Rate return postage. Thanks so much!!!!!! Have fun!!!

ththcute-kitten.gif

thlookslikelove.jpg

thGraphILoveCrochetVirtual.jpg

Spring Swap Sign Up List:

1. Scrambled Egg - (Darlene) -Organizer
2. Mawchikkide - (Jessica)
3. RisuRocket - (Shanah)
4. CoffeeLady3 - (Dena)
5. NoChicksHere - (Susan)
6. KaranLeaf - (Karan)
7. Skand - (Stephanie)
8. Lutheran Chick - (Kay)
9. Head4dmtns - (Trish)
10. Queen Scoot - (Rosey)
11. Amy Quilt - (Amy)

thturkey_knitting.gif
thyarn200x123.jpg
thyarnbus.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I said I'd do it, and I did. lol
The only iffy on this, is that it's not the TLC, It's red heart, super saver, dark sage. Not sure if that's gonna make a difference. And, do you see, LC isn't on here to let me know! LC!!! Did I do good or no? lol

So, any size goes? what's the minimum? 2" 5" 12"????
Heck, I'll just make 70 2"

Last edited:
Skand, you made me add this!!!

Size: 6" minimum - 12" maximum. Try to be consistent though, for example, all of your squares should be pretty near the same size, all of your circles should be pretty near the same size....

let me know if any of the other parts are confusing and I will clarify them too before anyone starts working on them..I hate worse than anything to change the rules in the middle of the game and generally flat out refuse to do it, so let's get them all straight upp front...see anything else that needs fixing?​

Sign-Ups are now Open!
thYarnAddicts.jpg

th38163b14.jpg

Theme: "Anything Goes" Feel free to experiment and challenge your skills for this swap! Hexagons, Circles, Squares, Triangles, or "Other" crocheted shapes are all welcomed!! (No amigurumi in this swap.)

Color: Any! Mix it up or stay the same, up to you!

Pattern: Any! Feel free to mix up your patterns and make every square different or every hexagon different, or all the same, up to you!

thYarnGirl.jpg

Number: As many as there are participants in the swap.
thcrazyboutcrochetblinkie.jpg

Dates: Chat and gab and get to know one another in this thread. Post as often as you like! Official sign-up opens on February 1, 2009 and Closes on March 1, 2009. All items are due to me no later than May 1, 2009.

New folks are encouraged to visit with us here in this thread and post and get to know us! Chickens are not required, in fact several members of this group are not chicken owners! We are always happy to have new friends here in the crochet club! We'd love to have you join the fun, join the swap or any other projects that we have going on!!!!

thSpiderIllustration06.jpg

granny.jpg
thwoolywoman.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

When you have finished your Shapes, send me a pm and I'll send you my address so that you can mail in your work.

thrwgoodyarn1.gif

You will be required to send your crocheted shapes in individual ziplock bags with your username and real name on each bag. In addition, you will need to send $10.00 for Flat Rate return postage. Thanks so much!!!!!! Have fun!!!

ththcute-kitten.gif

thlookslikelove.jpg

thGraphILoveCrochetVirtual.jpg

Spring Swap Sign Up List:

1. Scrambled Egg - (Darlene) -Organizer
2. Mawchikkide - (Jessica)
3. RisuRocket - (Shanah)
4. CoffeeLady3 - (Dena)
5. NoChicksHere - (Susan)
6. KaranLeaf - (Karan)
7. Skand - (Stephanie)
8. Lutheran Chick - (Kay)
9. Head4dmtns - (Trish)
10. Queen Scoot - (Rosey)
11. Amy Quilt - (Amy)

thturkey_knitting.gif
thyarn200x123.jpg
thyarnbus.jpg

thsmiley-santa.gif

SECRET SANTA PROJECT!!! SIGN-UP OPEN!

Please do not feel obligated just because you belong to the crochet swap! NO OBLIGATION!!!
thchristmas9.gif

Rules:Sign - Up Closes: November 15th

Secret Santa Items: Must be a HANDMADE item of reasonable cost or investment. For example .... if I were to crochet a long scarf out of nice yarn and add a spider ornament to that, I would think that would be a nice gift...if I made a record bowl with the crocheted washcloths and the music cd and music soap like I plan to make for my co-workers, that would seem like a nice gift to me too...you all are talented and what you make does not need to cost much, just be thoughtful about it and it will mean the world to whoever gets it, I'm sure
wink.png
thchristmas8.gif

Santa Assignment: On November 16th, every person on the list will be sent the name of their "secret" person. Please do not reveal which name you have!!! It is a "SECRET"!!! I will send you the name and address of your "secret" person and you will be required to make them something and have it shipped to them no later than December 15th. Only after or during shipping are you to reveal to the person that you are their Secret Santa!!

How to sign up: Send me a pm with your name and address and you will be added to the list. Only myself and the person you are assigned to will be given your name and address.
thchristmas13.gif

Feel free to save your present until Christmas or open it when you get it..either way, please take a picture and share the fun experience with the rest of us!!! The main objective here is to have fun with this project..simple, easy and fun!!!

This would be a great time to recruit new members to this thread!!
thsantagif.jpg

LIST:

1. Scrambled Egg - (Darlene) Organizer
2. Mawchickkide - (Jessica)
3. Athena - (Athena)
4. EastTnChick- (Steph)
5. Queen Scoot - (Rosey)
6. AmyQuilt - (Amy)
7. KaranLeaf - (Karan)
8. No Chicks Here - (Susan)
9. Risurocket - (Shanah)
10. Guitarists - (Angie)
11. TB1 - (Teri)
12. Skand - (Stephanie)
13. Jacie's Coop - (Jacie)
14. Lutheranchick - (Kay)
15. NewChickenFamily - (Jennifer)
16. Elcunni75 - (Erin)

lol Sorry! Just figured I'd ask before I started confusing myself. Looks good for me, someone else will ask something different, I'm sure.
So, 6" minimum, 12" max. Any color, any shape, so long as there's one for everyone. And when we're done, send to you in a zippy bag with name/s , and 10 bucks for shippin, BEFORE May day.

Good work Skand, you are quickly becoming our Queen of finding things and keeping us all organized.
wink.png

We are all of course royalty here. Royal Hookers! heh....
lau.gif

Speaking of Royal - (kind of) SE, I am sure you are aware that the new Bond movie has opened tonight. (at least it opened here tonight...maybe opened before that for you...) I am seriously thinking we might need to hand out drool buckets and head to the movies.
drool.gif
k050.gif

Last edited:
YEE HAW I'M HOME

Rocket where did ya get the photo for the avitar? Cool and i like the drooly smilie too
gig.gif

SK your good the finding fairy has really sprinkled a good doze of magic dust on you
woot.gif

I think i might find time to get some wine to drink with my dinner tonight just to unwind.

Well I am off to find the wine and start dinner so

big_smile.png
Karan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom