BYC Crochet Club **ARCHIVE THREAD** NEW THREAD OPENED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Yes, I have the Strawberry Shortcake pan too... SHHHHS!! And Darth Vadar, Mickey Mouse, and the Care Bears, and all of those wonderful ones from the way back machine. lol
Hopefully, my craftiness continues throughout the year, so that the girls will get really cool and awesome stuff by the time thier birthdays come around. I've been hiding my cake craftiness long enough, arthiritis is starting to kick in, so I either need to get with the program and create some really neat memories for the girls, before it all turns into the story of, my mom says she used to be able to do all this stuff, but I've never seen her try."
Pretty much, I've tried every crafty thing, just cant do most of it well enough to say I can do it. Jewelery,cake decorating, baking, cooking, home interior design, drawing, painting, sculpting, crochet, cross stitch, embroidery, lol

Quote:
Yes, I have the Strawberry Shortcake pan too... SHHHHS!! And Darth Vadar, Mickey Mouse, and the Care Bears, and all of those wonderful ones from the way back machine. lol
Hopefully, my craftiness continues throughout the year, so that the girls will get really cool and awesome stuff by the time thier birthdays come around. I've been hiding my cake craftiness long enough, arthiritis is starting to kick in, so I either need to get with the program and create some really neat memories for the girls, before it all turns into the story of, my mom says she used to be able to do all this stuff, but I've never seen her try."
Pretty much, I've tried every crafty thing, just cant do most of it well enough to say I can do it. Jewelery,cake decorating, baking, cooking, home interior design, drawing, painting, sculpting, crochet, cross stitch, embroidery, lol

Hey Me too. I did make some baskets out of pine needles and corn husks dolls too. Except I always wanted to try wood burning.... Oh Wait We do that Now ............. For heat
lau.gif
lau.gif

Good Deal Sk
hide.gif
.. you are right though do it and make cakes and great memories for you and the girls.
thumbsup.gif

big_smile.png
Karan

Last edited:
ooooo basket weaving? ooo teach me!!! Always wanted to do more of a natural-esque crafty!!!
Me and power tools have never been good friends. I will always grab the old timer saw and the hand powered screwdriver when I go to build something. Not that I build that often, but when I do.... Jim always comes to my rescue! hehehe Now, THAT is love! For his tools, he always has to protect the tools. lol

Quote:
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

Yes, Yes , You never get by with using a Man's tools without their supervision.
hmm.png
roll.png
roll.png
smile.png
big_smile.png
bun.gif
Of course sometimes that's the fun time to use their tool
bun.gif
lol.png
celebrate.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
woot.gif

Opp-ps did I say that ? ? ?

big_smile.png
Karan

Okay yall... need a little spirit lifter here. My uncle was just in a motorcycle accident. Jim rushed to the hosp. just to be sequestered off into the 'consultation room' where there's comfy chairs and recliners. Only to be told an hour later that they have him stable, are worried about brain damage (he hit so hard his helmet shattered), they have him sedated for fear of him trying to pull tubes out of his throat, arms, etc. PLease, I dont care who or what you pray to .. PLEASE pray for Bruce. He's a super great guy who has and will do anything in his power to help us with everything. We need him here, safe and healthy.

TADA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! look what i made with my cool new skill that i learned
tongue.png
( ok so its kinda horrid but its my first time trying something this pattern
tongue.png
)

so here it is !! i call it.. woman on a telephone
smile.png

0104091807.jpg

Quote:
Oh Sk
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
I am soo sorry for the accident and will be praying that your Uncle Bruce comes out of this.
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Please keep us updated when ya have a chance.
hugs.gif

We will keep you guys in our thoughts.
hugs.gif

hugs.gif
Skand. HMS has Bruce in our prayers and you and yours in our thoughts and prayers as well.
n120.gif
(same gesture for whomever/whatever is being prayed to)
hugs.gif

Hang in there and I am glad that Jim was able to go and at least be there for updates. Keep us posted...and take care of you.

Shmooborp, that is really lovely. What kind of yarn/thread are you using? It's very pretty. Great job on new skills!

Operation Big Blue Brooder Bunker was successful. Our chicks are now residing happily on our porch and they don't even seem to notice that it's close to arctic weather compared to what they were in. *gulp* I just hope they don't even notice. They have their large heat lamp and we will probably have to get them one more light for the other half, but they are happy. I miss them already, believe it or not...won't miss the dust and am actually looking forward to cleaning, but I miss their crazy noises even if they drove me nuts last night. I will attempt to take pics tomorrow in daylight. It sort of looks like we are housing our chicks in a big ice shanty. (Our porch is on the upper floor and is totally enclosed so it's not like we have them out on a deck outside or something.
wink.png
)

Quote:
i got the thread form an amazing little shop in a town near mine
smile.png
the yarn is calld...Aunt Lydia's
smile.png
and i REALLY like it
smile.png
well its actualy not YARN persay but it still works hehe
big_smile.png

Status