BYC Crochet Club **ARCHIVE THREAD** NEW THREAD OPENED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone! Yesterday was really busy and I never got a chance to see what was going on with all yall.
We (Husband and son) went grocery shopping, against their wills, then went to China mart in the next town over to get a treadmill.
Putting the thing together took up the rest of the day. I also attempted my first really BIG homemade pizza while trying to read the directions to put the treadmill together.
The pizza turned out ok, too much tomato sauce but the treadmill is up and running. I am so determined to not let it be like my other exercise machines that just collect dust. So far the only exercise I have gotten today would be with my hands speed hooking. Got tired of the color pink and wanted to get it finished so i could move on to another color.

Got to get back to work on my mountain of laundry that needs to be put away.
Hope everyone has had a good morning so far.

So glad to hear from you chix!!! Been thinking bout you, hadnt heard from ya and all. So glad you can get back to the norm for your house.
Think that's what I'm trying to do, get the old crud out and have it leave a fresh clean feeling lol

Her she is!!! Fancy's offspring. I kinda just used all different patterns and just made stuff up. One of a kind. I don't think I want to make another for awhile.
tongue.png

17124_picture_155.jpg

Here is sitting with her owner. Sydney always wanted an inside chicken.
lol.png

17124_picture_156.jpg

Making sure the list is current ya'll..please check...& Maw please copy and update on page 1..thanks!

springcrochetswap.jpg

Sign-Ups are now Open!
thYarnAddicts.jpg

th38163b14.jpg

Theme: "Anything Goes" Feel free to experiment and challenge your skills for this swap! Hexagons, Circles, Squares, Triangles, or "Other" crocheted shapes are all welcomed!! (No amigurumi in this swap.)

Color: Any! Mix it up or stay the same, up to you!

Size: 6" minimum - 12" maximum. Try to be consistent though, for example, all of your squares should be pretty near the same size, all of your circles should be pretty near the same size....

Pattern: Any! Feel free to mix up your patterns and make every square different or every hexagon different, or all the same, up to you!

Number: As many as there are participants in the swap.
thcrazyboutcrochetblinkie.jpg

Dates: Chat and gab and get to know one another in this thread. Post as often as you like! Official sign-up opens on February 1, 2009 and Closes on March 1, 2009. All items are due to me no later than May 1, 2009.

New folks are encouraged to visit with us here in this thread and post and get to know us! Chickens are not required, in fact several members of this group are not chicken owners! We are always happy to have new friends here in the crochet club! We'd love to have you join the fun, join the swap or any other projects that we have going on!!!!

When you have finished your Shapes, send me a pm and I'll send you my address so that you can mail in your work.

You will be required to send your crocheted shapes in individual ziplock bags with your username and real name on each bag. In addition, you will need to send $10.00 for Flat Rate return postage. Thanks so much!!!!!! Have fun!!!

thGraphILoveCrochetVirtual.jpg

Spring Swap Sign Up List:

1. Scrambled Egg - (Darlene) -Organizer
2. Mawchikkide - (Jessica)
3. RisuRocket - (Shanah)
4. CoffeeLady3 - (Dena)
5. NoChicksHere - (Susan)
6. KaranLeaf - (Karan)
7. Skand - (Stephanie)
8. Lutheran Chick - (Kay)
9. Head4dmtns - (Trish)
10. Queen Scoot - (Rosey)
11. Amy Quilt - (Amy)
12. Mangled - (Em)
13. TB1 - (Teri)
14. Purr - (Terry)
15. Elcunni - (Erin)
16. 1MommaHen - (Lynda)
17. EastTnChick - (Steph)
18. Ginger Chic - (Amy)
19. Greenapple - (Lisa)
20. Alpaca Chick - (Bonnie)
21. Jacie's Coop - (Jacie)
22. Algopurple - (Elizabeth)
23. JenJScott - (Jen)
24. NewChickenFamily - (Jennifer)
25. LovemyChix - (Tess)
26. Shmooborp - (Luke)
27. Redhen - (Wendy)
28. SewinCircle - (JeanMarie)
29. FrChuckW - (Chuck)
30. BackSwampGirl - (Sandra)

thturkey_knitting.gif

I wanted to reply yesterday, but I was just too sleepy. I took such a long nap!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO YAYA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry you didnt have more than 1 but glad its healthy!!!! cant wait to see what it is though!!!!!!

meeeeee either!!!
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

Awww! Congrats Okie! I can understand the relief and disappointment! But, one will be more manageble than twins again! Good news that you and baby are doing fine! Thanks for not keeping us doing pop this for too long!

agreed!
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

Thank you, and You're welcome!
big_smile.png
I posted as soon as we got home
big_smile.png

hugs Okie! So exciting. Sorry about the emotional roller coaster of thinking there might be 2. You'll be feeling better about one bun though soon. Take care, glad to hear you and baby are healthy and looking forward to as many updates as you want to give. And I now have my count for the number of pairs of booties I "officially" need to do. wink

Thank you
hugs.gif
It truly was an emotional roller coaster. I was at least hoping that I would be a little more farther along!
lol.png
lol.png
I am already feeling better about it! One at a time will be soooo much easier.
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
YAAAAAAY!!!

One healthy baby and one healthy mommy!! celebrate
Congratulations, Okie!!! Thanks for letting us know!

Thank you!!
big_smile.png

Lets talk about this at around 39 weeks!

ha ha you got that right!! Fo sho!
jumpy.gif

A really good eye can tell at 16 weeks, if baby is in a good position. I'd wait till 20 to be 100% sure or perhaps 99% sure....

I probably will wait just to make sure. If there's no need to have one, I'm not going to have another needless U/S charge again
he.gif

Thank you for the info!
thumbsup.gif
I just couldn't remember. I think with my first one, they did the U/S at 16, and the rest of them were done at 20 wks or after.

Both my girls were head down at 22 weeks, if not sooner. Guess I watched too much of Breakin 2, Electric boogaloo when I was a kid. THey loved doing head spins. lol
With Alyssa, they made her stretch out to show what she was, Caydence, they couldnt ever tell, so they did an amnio and told me, genetically, its a girl.
Is there a chance you might deliver early Okie? My first was 2 weeks early, C was 3 weeks early. Good thing I stopped at 2 kids, otherwise I'd have ended up spending months in a NICU unit.

lol.png
lol.png
lol.png

Yep there's a chance that I might deliver early. I delivered the twins at 32 wks 3 days I was having contractions and didn't even feel them when I went in for a routine level II Ultrasoundat 28 wks, And was dialated to a 4.
th.gif
So I stayed a month in the hospital on bedrest b/c baby A was breech. They were in the NICU for 21 days.

Hannah was head down, but she wouldn't turn over for delivery. She wanted to look up - so c-section it was for us. For my entire pregnancy I thought she was going to be a boy, despite all the dreams about a curly haired little girl I was having. tongue Guess I was in denial. Not that I wanted a boy, I was just convinced for some reason. Mark was convinced she was going to be a girl and then afterwards he told me that he saw the U/S and didn't tell me. We had decided not to be told, but he knew anyway, since he saw it. And he never told me. tongue If I ever have another one, I am going to let them tell me.

We didn't want to know with the first one, but we wanted to know with everyone after that LOL

ETA: I left one off on accident!!! Sorry!

Okie I too am sorry for the emotional roller coaster as Rocket put it. But so Glad baby is healthy and you too.

Thank you!
hugs.gif

Last edited:
Lovemychix
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

Wonderful job that baby Fancy is great !!

Okie nice job touching back with everyone. So glad you are more settled about this. Yes you would know if easier 1 at a time
clap.gif

Sk
hide.gif
How is your Uncle Bruce doing? Better I hope.

Maw I hope you're healing up. I know ya got to be sore. I know how I felt when I broke ribs 2,3 & 5 on my left side. Dr & I couldn't figure out how I missed rib 4??? And you are sore from basiclly head to foot.

Well gona check some more posts than go crochet

big_smile.png
Karan

We got an update on his condition this afternoon. They have moved him up to serious, yet stable. He's intubated, found out they were bagging him on the way to the hospital.
They tried to take him off sedation but as soon as he woke up, he went straight to pulling the tubes out of his throat. Which is a good thing, brain wise, he knows they are there and knows they shouldnt be there on a normal day. Its also good sign neurologically, he can move and senses sensations.
He's in his mid-60s so healing will be slower for him. We have his dogs and are taking care of that side. His youngest daughter is working, going to school and dealing with out of town family, and worrying bout her daddy. So she's needing prayers too. Sorry Chuck.
hugs.gif
lau.gif

The girls have been needing thier puppy fix for awhile anyways. These 4 are the family from thier dog, Casper, the one that was stolen out of our yard in August. So Jims ever so not that happy with now we have bantams, just born chicks, and 4 maltese dogs in the house. lol

Sk
hide.gif
I will put his daughter in my prayers too. I hope he continues to improve
hugs.gif

ep.gif
Oh My new chicks, and 4 maltese dogs in the house
th.gif
what a house full before now it over flows
th.gif

Good luck with that Wow..

big_smile.png
Karan

evening gals and guys hope everyones doing ok , I slept most of the day so I will be up most of the night now I guess.

Skand I am so sorry to hear about your uncle and will keep him in my prayers, but please don't be mad at me if the lord gives him a pair of boobs or something as I am usally loaded up on pain meds by bed time. LOL!!! I hope that made you laugh as I am sure you need a little pick me up right now. I love you girl and will be praying for you!

well I have to agree that the relocation was as painful as the dislocation but thats all over and dun with and I am now just a big pile of blue poop looking stuff! LOL and to top it all off the meds are backing me up on the other end which is killing my back now. LOL! when it rains, it POORS!!!! but that won't get me down.

I just finished makeing me one of those crocheted boots that everyones been carring on about. well I got the lower part done and add the sole and will be working on the upper legg part now.

No chicks have you got your SS gift yet? I am just haveing nothing but trouble with the post here, I sent off 3 ebay things I sold and all three came back along with bestys squares again this is the 2nd time for those. so I had my ma take them to greenwood ark with her and sent the off from there and I know the ebay things got there so hopfully betsys made it too as they have not shown back up here. well I am going to make another ss for you no chick and send it from her house and that way I know that you will have gotten one. I am sooooooo verryyyyy soorrry if you havent gotten one yet. well gals I am off to go lay back down as the computer screen is starting to dance on me so take care and I will try to post tomorrow. Love you gals tons and I sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Misssssssss ya'llllll. Love maw.

Great to hear from ya Maw again I am soo sorry that you are such a big pile of blue poop? Is that how ya put it???
gig.gif

Sure glad you didn't break your sense of humor
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif

We have missed ya .
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Please take it easy and heal up.

Gota go to bed ya all got big day of backups to do at the office.
tongue.gif
hhhuuummmmm I wonder

Hey it's a thought
gig.gif
gig.gif

big_smile.png
Karan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom