BYC Crochet Club **ARCHIVE THREAD** NEW THREAD OPENED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome SKAND!!! glad to have you and we will do all we can to help you learn, thats what we're here for.
Scoot sorry to hear your not feeling well, I sure hope you get better intime for the chickenstock this weekend, you are coming right?!

SE can you make me some manicotti for supper tonight!!!!
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
cool.png

ris, you should look into a live trap cage and some mink lure sent. go to minasota (sp?) traping company or google traping line sents, that way you can trap it but not kill it. And have a sound peice of mind that you saved your fuzzy tails and feathery butts. you should dress one of your chickens up as a fuzzy tail for halloween. LOL that would be tooo cute!!!

SE how did the points racing go for travis? I hope he won!

well I am off to go do house work seems like dh is in his pms mood so I will chat ya later gals and get to hooking and getting those squares done.
smitty the list is at 29 now so for those who want to you don't have to send the 32 unles you want to. later gals maw.

This is the twin size that I did for my oldest daughter Alyssa.
My grandmother had already started the pattern for me, then she was diagnosed with Macular degeneration. So she handed it to me, told me to finish and give it to Alyssa. Took me 6 years to finish, hey I get sidetracked really easy!

16415_102208_1219.jpg

Thanks Maw for the numbers again. I'm real close. I'll keep on hookin. I'll let you know when I finally get them shipped off to you. Good luck with your Chicken Stock! Sounds like you've been working sooooo hard on it. Oh yea, did you pick a fav dish cloth pattern from the ones I sent you? I still haven't had time to try any from that book, but worked up one (real easy) from another book.

Queen I sure hope you feel better soon.
hugs.gif
Can't wait to see your ring place mats. OOoh saying "The Ring" makes me think of that scary movie...."The Ring". I guess my mind is geared toward Halloween lately.
gig.gif

skand~ you are so welcome!
yippiechickie.gif
You & I will get along just fine. I started my dd a blanket before she was born, but didn't finish it until she was 2 yrs old. I put it down for a long while and forgot about it. I need to do her another one b/c that one is pastel baby colors and she's 15 yrs old now. She still loves it though. She'll use it to cuddly up with all the time. It was going to be a baby blanket, but when I didn't finish it I just kept adding rowns to make it longer. I have a few more started projects sitting in a bag waiting for me.
tongue.png

SE~ I have a Leisure Arts book.... 99 Granny Squares to crochet, but mine has a diff isbn. code, so it's probably a diff one. That's the book I got the sunflower granny square pattern from. Those paper back books by leisure arts are inexpensive.
fl.gif

Quote:
Wow!!!!
thumbsup.gif
That is soooo lovely!!!!! Who cares if it took six years. Those are the setimental type gifts that can be passed down from generation to generation. I bet your daughter will cherish it.

My grandma (Dad's mom) had Macular degenerations also as do her sisters. It was so frustrating to her b/c her mind was sharp as a whip up until she took her last breath at 90 yrs old. Her 2 sisters are still alive. One is legally blind also. It's so sad b/c everything is all still upstaris, but she's slowed down a lot.

Ok, I really need to clean. I just can't focus on it today.
bun.gif

Hi ya'll!

I'm getting all the ends put in and will then send them along!
cool.png

OT: I have a post in the emergency section: concerning my roo either being lame or has a sprain... Is there someone online here who may be able to help?
sad.png

Thanks!
Happy Hookin'!!!
big_smile.png

Erin

Hi redhen & elcunni!
frow.gif

The squares are to be sent to Maw. Just PM her to get her address. Here's the info copied from page #1 with all the SWAP's info.

elcunni ~ I am so sorry to hear about your sick roo.
hugs.gif
Try PMing Speckledhen. SHe's had to deal with so much with her roo Zane. Sorry I don't have any words of wisdom to give.
sad.png

Here's the Guideline's from Maw:
smile.png

Welcome to the Fall Granny Square swap. below are all the guidlines that anyone who wants to join will need to know.

Fall swap sign-ups are now closed the Deadline to have all finished square sent in is Nov. 1 and post marked no later than Nov. 5 I want to say a big Thank You to all those who have signed up and now lets go have some more fun. All those who were unable to make the sign-up deadlines you are more than welcome to come a visit the thread and post as you like, we are always happy to have new freinds here in the crochet club and you don't have to be in the swap to join the fun!

Every participant will need to crochet a square for each person on the sign up list. As many square as there are participants. That way everyone will get back one square from everyone on the list.

The squares need to be 6".
They can be in any color and made from any type of yarn, (As most of us are using our scrap yarn to keep from having to buy more.)
You can use any granny square pattern you like.
The swap will run from Now until November 1st. All squares will need to be mailed to the swap organizer no later than November 5th, in order to give time to sort, pack and send back.
When you mail your squares we are asking that you pack them in ziplock bags with you name on them and that you also include a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope and enough return postage. Most of use will send ours in the bags in a small postal box.
When you have finished your square pm the swap organizer and they will pm you their Mailing address to where you will need to send your squares.
The list will be posted on this page and through out the thread and will be updated weekly until the sign-up closes on September 1st.

1. Mawchickkidie-Fall swap organizer- all squares done!
2. Guitarists--all squares received!
3. Tutter--?
4. Besty
5. Mangled
6. Wegotchickens
7. Smitty's Farm
8. RedHen
9. Rafter7PaintHorses
10. Scrambled Egg--all squares received!
11. Leepsy--all squares received!
12. Greentree--all squares received!
13. Chicks Rule
14. Tiki244
15. Jenjscott
16. AlpacaChick
17. QueenScoot
18. Chickngurl
19. East TN Chick
20. Greenapple
21. AmyQuilt
22. Yotetrapper--?
23. TB1
24. Lovemychicks9
25. Jc12551
26. Elcunni75
27. Coffeelady3
28. Risurocket
29. Karanleaf--all squares received!
30. Natapple
31. Purr
32. KellyGwen

Oh Skand, you arn't much slower than me!
lau.gif
It took me 23 years to make my husband a single size afghan!
gig.gif
I just kept putting it off. Now I have been making my dad a queen size afghan, that has taken me a couple years, guess I am getting faster
gig.gif
lau.gif
Took me at least 3 years to teach my step mom to crochet & do a granny! So you fit right in.
hugs.gif
Yours is very pretty!
thumbsup.gif

Raining still here! Not stopping any time soon! :thun sure makes for sleepy day!

Queen hope you get to feeling better soon. :aww Better you than me though
lau.gif

Take care all,
frow.gif

I'm afraid since wal-mart is doing away with the fabric dept., that I might not have enough of the yarn to finish this one, ever :mad:
I need that bright multi-colored yarn!!! Searching frantically..yarnn,,,, oh yarrrrrnnnnnnn

Smitty's Farm :

Athena what kind of GS cookies ship well? I remember my sis telling me not to send chocalate, but the weather is getting cooler. I bet you could use some Thin Mints. Yummmm!!!!!!!
smile.png

Everyone loves chocolate..and we never get any...lol....
People ask for it all the time, and on the occasion that we do get some in, it is gone in a flash!

Yea, in the heat, things get sticksy, but, we have a small freezer inside our fridge so I chill it in there...and its perfect.

Thin Mints are yummy, and even I love those.. who doesn't??.. but, any GS cookies get eaten around here. I re-pack them 6 to a sandwich baggie at Troy's, and they are perfect to fit into anyone's pocket... for a quick snack.

If you all see microwave popcorn on sale, send those, we got a great lil microwave, and when folks watch movies in one of our TV rooms, they ask for popcorn. The microwave bag is perfect for those times!

Thanks for thining of us!!​

Quote:
Queen...

I hope you feel better soon...

I knew something wasn't right, the moment I saw your post, and didn't see those terrific little icons that make my day!! ANd sure enough, your not feeling well...

See, even your post was off, just like the Queen herself...

SO, get better quick, I'll have you in my thoughts, and sending warm vibes your way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom