BYC Crochet Club **ARCHIVE THREAD** NEW THREAD OPENED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you everyone. Now if I cant finish this one, Caydence can finish it herself, then give it to her daughter, and have almost the same story!
tongue.png

Anyone have an idea for what they are making for the secret santa? Does it have to be crocheted?

Good evening my lovelys, and how are we coming along with our fall squares and other such projects?
great I hope! well I slept most of the morning away and then we watched lonesome dove allll day, after that I ended up feeding all the babys in the rain and it was colddddddd! then dishes and a few chores, helped haley play on her little website thing and worked on more chickenstock stuff, got the BYC guest book made and venders lists and floor plans laid out I got some stuff done, but its been a slow slow day I thought I would give myself a bit of a rest no hookin today I am going to start on another spider, my first one didn't turn out so good, haley is going to make some for her 4-H Christmas project contest. And we togather are going to make some for thanksgiving presents, yes we give each other on my side of the family christmas ordiments at thanksgiving as gifts to help start off the holiday season, my aunt deedee started it when I was around 8 or so giving all us kids 4 of us at the time, christmas ordiments, to help us start on our own life time of memories, then as the years went be it has be come a family tradition and all the members have gotten in on it, what was just 4 of us has now become over the years 31 which involves each person in us kids family, all the aunts and uncles, grandma and grandad. Its really fun and I take my girls, and neices and nephews at the first of dec. to go pick out there own ordiments for the year. I do this every year so with what they get from family and then what they get from mom and dad, when they are grown and starting a family of their own they will have there own speaicl tree of memories, instead of starting from scratch.

After the 1st of nov. gets here and I get all the squares sorted and sent off I am going to go gunghoe on getting my christmas dishcloths made, an then have the rest of the month to work on secret santa stuff, Smitty the one I like the most so far on the dish cloth patterns is the #14 pattern. its really easy and you can come up with all kinds of patterns from that stitch and it works up fast. Thanks.

Redhen I will pm you my addy, Se thanks for answering her for me, I would have been on sooner but Haley just begged me with her big brown puppy dog eyes for us to do her myepets thing togather of course, safety first, so we did that from 5pm to 8pm and then blaylee felt left out so I went to a toddler site with her for awhile so she felt like she did something special. Other wise I would have gotten to everyone sooner. But I would rather make and take the time to teach my girls the importance of internet safety, instead of them learning how to use it from there friends and then something bad endup happening. DH says I am just a broody hen, and yes I am, I deicated my life to my girls. And I am happy for it.

Athena what are those little boxes things that you keep mentioning, ya know the ones you gave to the grandkids for halloween? they sound neat.

Scoot are ya feeling any better or should we call the royal physian? :aww
hugs.gif
, I keep trying to do the smiley thing but all the one I pull up just arn't as cool as everyone elses, but then you know my puter mite be holding the good ones back from me. I really do think it has a mind of its own.

skand I like the colors in the ghan, and don't feel bad it took me 6 or 7 years can't remember to finish the one I made for my bed, it was to be a queen size but ended up fitting better as a couch cover although it fits nicely on my supersized king bed now too. that is something else I am waiting to finish but i refuse to do it while dh is here at home so I will have to wait until he gets another job off somewhere to nonsense. but I will try to get the pics I took posted here soon. well I am off to check my pms post ya later gals Maw.

Quote:
Don't forget now that the list is also posted on the first page and I do try to keep it up dated, specialy now that the deadline is almost here. Only a week and a few days to go girls. Queen Scoot or SE or Ris can we get some insperational and motivational smileys going. thanks gals maw.

Ok so heres some pics,

Ris this ones for you I saved you a cup of campfire coffee from our camping trip it was really good.
585092b4f8bf.jpg

Its is a pic of the recent kelloges box its so neat because the barbies look just like my girls eye colors, clothes and all. the blonde is Blaylee the youngest, and the brown eyed one is Haley the oldest, and they are dressed just how my girls would dress. It is really neat so I cut out the cover of the box and but it in there scrap book, not many people can say the their kids where on a cereal box togather!
36c30c944042.jpg

And here is the big BYC CHickenStock banner I have painted for this Sat. I cut holes for people to put their faces through for fun pictures.
cc4b43d685c8.jpg

704775e134a7.jpg

Hope ya'll enjoy! Maw signing off (for now an how)

Quote:
Queen...

I hope you feel better soon...

I knew something wasn't right, the moment I saw your post, and didn't see those terrific little icons that make my day!! ANd sure enough, your not feeling well...

See, even your post was off, just like the Queen herself...

SO, get better quick, I'll have you in my thoughts, and sending warm vibes your way!

Thank you so much Athena!!! i still am not feeling well....think i might be catching the flu!
i know y'all miss my smileys so here ya go...just a few till i am feeling better!

its so cold here today

love yas!!!!

Feel Better Queen Scoot! We can't go very long without our queen! I am way behind in reading posts because I am kind of under the weather too...though the weather here and I have been pretty equal - gloomy and crummy! But I am hanging in there.

Maw! That banner is Wonderful! Cute Barbie pic of your girls.
smile.png
I bet your girls are cuter though.

I am sure everyone is as busy as
1036536229_gif.gif
getting all their projects done.

I hope everyone stays healthy, or gets healthy.
I will now contribute to the cute inspirational smileys just to tide us over til Scoot gets back.
catsiam2lv.gif

chicken01.gif
glomp.gif

Hi Gals sorry it has been a few days, I have had way tooo Much to do, and not enough days to get done
th.gif

But if I see my backside going
wee.gif
as I'm coming then I know I'm going to fast
barnie.gif

I love my Greenhouse
love.gif
. I know I have said it many times,
duc.gif
But it takes alot of work.
th.gif
th.gif
As soon as supper is settled that's where I go. In between all the Jr. Livestock, 4H, Extension Board, Democratic, and 4H horse project meetings.
th.gif
I think I need to trim down some of these meetings
idunno.gif

welcome-byc.gif
skand I am sure Glad Hippy Jim doesn't mind you joining the Hooker Corner
ya.gif
We have a blast on here and there is all the support anyone could ask for.
hugs.gif
Just a Great Bunch of Gals here.
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
I Love em all
love.gif

Your Afghan is really nice I bet your DD will love it for years.

Maw that BYC Banner is the HOOT I Love it
love.gif
You did a Great Job
clap.gif
clap.gif
Sure wish I could go But too far
hit.gif
Looks like it will be a great success You have worked very hard on it. I am sure everyone will have a great time.
ya.gif

Queen Scoot I sure hope ya get better soon.

Gotta Go

Hi all, I finally got all the tails tucked, and should be sending out the box in the next few days. Since I smoke, I wash everything I do for others so it doesn't smell, and found out that some of my thrift store yarn was wool, so it kinda felted a bit and some squares will have to be stretched back out. We went to Discovery Cove on tuesday, natapple will be using a pic from her dolphin swim as her avitar as soon as she figures out how. If anyone is going to be in the Orlando area for vacation or anything I highly recommend a trip to Discovery Cove, but you do need to make reservations a few months before. The weather is starting to change here, so now the sinus problems, achy muscles, and headaches begin. I think I need to move further south, I am tired of 90's one day, then windy 70's the next, then back up in the high 80's the next. I can't wait till the weather stabilizes in April
barnie.gif
As soon as I figure out what is going on with photobucket, I will post some pics from Discovery Cove
big_smile.png

That banner is too cool!
big_smile.png
You will have to post some pics of people in it
big_smile.png

I JUST got home from a long morning of winterizing the coop. A few little things that could still stand to be done.. I didn't expect October to kickstart Winter
tongue.png
I was hoping for a little more time
tongue.png

I covered the run in plastic and added another small run on the other side of the coop, covered in plastic and put their waterers in there. Now no more moisture IN the coop from the waterers. I'm hoping the small run will act like a greenhouse and keep the water thawed during the day from the heat of the sun, since it gets sun almost all day in the winter. What do you all think? I may have to invest in some heaters yet... we shall see
tongue.png
Do plastic waterers break in the winter? Anyone?
tongue.png
This first winter is going to be a learning experience for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom