BYC Crochet Club **ARCHIVE THREAD** NEW THREAD OPENED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow you guys make me feel better about taking 9 years to work on my DS' cross stitched stocking!!!
gig.gif
gig.gif

*sigh of relief*

Sorry I havent been around much. A post here, a post there, and a couple of min in the chatroom. I have been up to my eyeballs in children and school. This is all a lot to handle. The good news is that the art professor wanted to keep my project up a little longer, after she took everyone else's down. So I guess it's pretty good! If it ever comes down I will take pics of it and post them!
tongue.png

Scoot I hope you get to feeling better!!! We went to the doc today and all kinds of poop is going around. Hopefully what you have isn't one of the worse ones.

Beautiful banner for chickenstock Maw!!!! Bad news though....I don't think we are going to be able to make it.
hit.gif
hit.gif

My husband has to take care of some stuff that day, and if he is able to do it in time, we will head down there. If not, it will have to be next year
sad.png

Welcome Skand!

If I missed anyone please forgive me, I'm about to fall asleep in my soup.

Hey gals sorry I had to run out so quickly. DH was letting the ducks out this morning and yelled out that something was wrong with Peanut. He is our oldest Drake (not quite 2yrs). He was kind of gimping. So I picked him up and told him "Sorry Buddy no walk down to the pond today for you. You are grounded." So I put him back in the DuckShed on a nice warm bed of straw with a dish of feed and his water bowl. I think he must have pulled a muscle or something. He has been quite the horn dog
wink.png
lately chasing the Hen Ducks all over the place. SO he going to rest for the day. You might say I have a Lame Duck on lockdown.
gig.gif

Queen Scoot and Rocket I hope you both get to feeling better soon
fl.gif

skand If ya can't find your yarn at Walmart try searching the website of the brand of yarn the makers usually have it or search Ebay. We've had to do that for my stepmom a time or 2. And as far as taking a while to finish a project I still have yet to get out the box I put the Afghan I started 4 or 5 years ago for my youngest son (he is 29 Now) but I did buy all the yarn then so it's in the box too. That' probly where the rest of my crochet hooks are too.
gig.gif
Just wonderful when I hide stuff from myslef
lau.gif

Yes Guitartists Plastic waters do break when they freeze, I learnt that last winter, and that is why we bought a large heated dog water bowl for the ducks. I imagine we will get one to sit the chicken water on top of or this winter.

Well need to get my desk cleaned off to get ready to head home then go to Parent Teacher Conference tonight. Yes another meeting,
smack.gif
At least this one is only 2x a year.
th.gif
DH has EMT meeting just after so he is having supper there.

I will try to check in again tonight
big_smile.png
Karan

hahaha.. all of you guys are so nice to okay me procrastinating. I kinda made myself forget about that other box in the closet. The one I started..oh...lets say, during my first marriage. So like 12 or 14 years in progress. That one is almost done, well I say almost as in, it's a queen size, but since I don't have a queen bed anymore, I started to go bigger. Here's a hint, bigger is NOT always better! If I ever finish this sucker, (only two more sides left), I am going to put a raffle drawing on it. It's the most beautiful color scheme I have ever done, just too lazy to want it, I guess.
lau.gif
gig.gif

Evening ladies!! Skand, that afghan is really nice, looks like a basket weave, pretty. Maw...girl you've been holdin out on your talents!! That banner is just toooooo cute!!!! Lisa, glad you're back, missed you. Hope all the under the weather hookers feel better, if you lived nearer I would make you home made chicken and pastry that would help
wink.png

GOT MY CHOCOLATE YARN!!!! WHOOOOO HOOOO!!!! 8 skeins of Caron chocolate so I can work on my circles again..course I have sooooo many projects started and even have a good beginning on my secret santa gifts...Guitarists is right Skand, can be any craft at all..just not store bought. I'm sure they will all be thoughtful and wonderful and hugely appreciated. I am going to repost the santa post ever so often so all of our swap folks see it.

Really tired, off to watch supper...have a great evening..hugs
smile.png

hugs.gif
Hope all you sick ones get better soon. :aww

Maw, I love
love.gif
the ornament idea, that is so cute!
clap.gif
The banner is really cute too, good job!
thumbsup.gif

Karanleaf, sounds like you should slow down. Your not a spring
jumpy.gif
ya know,
gig.gif
horny duck.....
gig.gif
lau.gif
sure they didn't just gang up on him!
lau.gif

greenapple,
duc.gif
it is hallarious (?sp) to hear you complain about 90's & then 70's...now you wanna complain...lets talk about Nebraska
smack.gif
hot one day cold the next, such as 70's & then 50's...oh & RAIN the past 3 days....now where is that ark???
hu.gif
:thun OHHH & snow just out west...in OCTOBER....this will be a LONG winter I think
hit.gif
. Just had to give you crap.
tongue.gif
I suppose I shouldn't be complaining, Athena can probably really put her 3cents (inflation) in on weather!
yippiechickie.gif

anyway, you all have a good night
frow.gif

Hey all! Don't laugh, but here's my first attempt at amigurumi.

This is what my little project was supposed to look like

12447_80014ada.jpg

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/80014AD.html?noImages=

And this is how it ended up looking

12447_downsized_1023080738.jpg

Some things I learned....I can't embroider worth a darn, don't overstuff, and if the neck looks a little funky, a collar can work wonders.

Ah well, there's no where to go but up, right?

(You can see my daughters beta fish, Jackie Chan, over the frogs shoulder!)

Just stopping in to say hello!

I started a new afghan today (a CAL "crochet-a-long" pattern from over at crochetville.org) for my brother for Christmas. (we draw names and I have my brother and his wife). It's the Lumberjack Flannelghan. Works up so fast!!! Got the first strip done (there's 5 total) in just under 2 hours!!!!!!!!!!
th.gif

I also finished another ripple afghan, will post pictures in a few days. Laptop is down....chewed up power cord and new one is on the way.

Have also designed my own first pattern!!! Very easy peasy Christmas ornament. Will post photos next week, as well.

Have a great Friday if I don't check back tomorrow!

SE~ Show us some circles with the brown on them. What you gonna do with them??

Last edited:
Amy, not sure if I will keep the circles afghan or make it a Christmas gift, those are "my" colors though so not too sure about parting with it, lol!!!

No Chicks...I printed out that afghan, would have to make it bigger but those are very nice circles! Sometimes I prowl the lionbrand site but then I have ten more projects added to my ever growing list, lol!!

There is a pink and green baby blanket in either the marymaxim catalog or the herrschners one that I love the pattern for and wonder if ya'll know how those squares are done and hooked together..they look like sc squares but the edges of all the squares are ruffled where they are joined together, I sooo love the pattern but you have to buy the kit and happily my teenagers, unlike some politicians running for high office..are NOT pregnant so I dont want to order the pink and green kit for the pattern...AND apparently it is not online, only in the catalogs...anyway, if anyone has seen it and knows how to do that, let me know please, very cool look to the typical square!

Look at the new pattern link I stumbled across... http://crochetpatternlibrary.com/

Hope
the chickenstock goes well this weekend Maw, I know you sure have worked hard on the preparations!!

Hey Coffee, your critters are cute as can be!!!! Those would be sweet in a stocking at christmas!!! Personally I have no interest in that amig...whatever..have to look for the word everytime to even spell it!! but they are cute! Maybe those of you who like that type of crochet can get Angie to make you a swap-bot swap for them? I think someone with alot of feedback or credit or good standing on the site has to start those swaps but seems you might get some interest in it and maybe if you theme it you could have a fun swap? Just a thought..like we don't have enough projects to get done!!

I would like to have 40 people in our spring swap, that's my goal so ya'll will have to help me out there in gathering folks off the forum to join and bringing in your crocheting moms and aunts and sisters..and any men interested....just be thinking about it please. We are winding up the fall swap here and then our focus will be on the secret santa projects and our personal christmas projects and then wide open spring swap!!! Get those squares headed Maw's way!!! Deadline crunch approaches!! Those of you that have dropped out here near the end...please come back for the spring swap..look at the head start you will have on your squares!!
wink.png

Really tired, off to watch supper...have a great evening..hugs

This cracks me up!! I REALLY was tired last night to just "watch" supper, lol!!!
gig.gif
gig.gif

Have a great day!! Rainy and cold here today = rapido housecleaning, throw some food in the crockpot, sweats and warm socks, reruns of law and order and crafts all day!!!! Yeah!!! My favorite kind of day!!!
yippiechickie.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom