BYC Crochet Club **ARCHIVE THREAD** NEW THREAD OPENED

Status
Not open for further replies.
okie i dont see where it tells you to join....are these all the directions? if it doesnt say join then you just keep working in the round and mark the begining of each round so you know where to start and stop. am i making sense?

Its not just that, it's the mom! mom! mom! mom! Turn the light on! Turn it off! change the channel! I dont want to watch this, i dont want to watch that! I want Dora, not Diego...etc. lol Hold still, this will only hurt for a long time.. what?! lol

I like yalls secret to getting more eggs. Really never thought about the decision over keeping warm or making an egg. It is the mornings after a cold night that I get the least amount of eggs. Got 7 today and it was cold last night. I always go out first thing and feed them but now think I will only feed them half the normal amount and later give the second half just befor they go to roost.

Quote:
If it was a really cold night and a super chilly morning.. like this moring, 19 at night, and still in mid 20s.. we'll feed them earlier then the normal 9 am, then give them a snacka few hours later (bread, chips, crackers, oats, or cooked rice) then thier normal dinner at 4:30, which is scraps from the day,sandwich crusts, veggies, milk, cereal, whatever the girls or I didnt finish mealwise and then the dinner prep stuff, mixed with some of thier feed.
We're still getting new layers, and finding out who's laying what color.

Hi guys! Just got caught up, whew! I've hatched my first group of chicks this morning! Woohoo!

I have one that has pipped, but done nothing more. I have one lone little banty egg that is "stuck". I think he is shrink wrapped in there. It's been almost 24 hours since it first pipped. He's half zipped, but stuck.
hit.gif
So hard not to help. Any suggestions? I've posted on the Incubating/Hatching thread for help too, but thought my hooker friends would have words of advice.

Body [Colour: yellow]
Rnd 1: 7 sc in a ring (7)
Rnd 2: 2 sc in each st around (14)
Rnd 3: *sc in next st, 2 sc in next st* around (21)
Rnd 4: *sc in next 2 st, 2 sc in next st* around (28)
Rnd 5-9: sc in each st around (28)
Rnd 10: *dec, sc in each of next 2 st* around (21)
Rnd 11: sc in each st around (21)
(Stuff fiberfill)
Rnd 12: *dec, sc in each of next 1 st* around (14)
(Stuff more fiberfill if needed)
Rnd 13: *dec* around (7)
Closing up

okie i dont see where it tells you to join....are these all the directions? if it doesnt say join then you just keep working in the round and mark the begining of each round so you know where to start and stop. am i making sense?

i don't know where i got join from lo!!!
lol.png
l I don't know how to make a loop and start single crocheting in the loop for amigurumi....or I do and I think i'm doing it wrong.

I think what the problem is like you said, is that I have to mark the beginning of the round so I know where to begin counting the stitches as the next row.

fl.gif
hu.gif
I'll try another one later tonight.

Can anyone tell me how i need to mark the stitch? I've never had to mark a stitch before.​

Quote:
i don't know where i got join from lo!!!
lol.png
l I don't know how to make a loop and start single crocheting in the loop for amigurumi....or I do and I think i'm doing it wrong.

I think what the problem is like you said, is that I have to mark the beginning of the round so I know where to begin counting the stitches as the next row.

fl.gif
hu.gif
I'll try another one later tonight.

Can anyone tell me how i need to mark the stitch? I've never had to mark a stitch before.

with a stitch marker if ya dont have one then a scrap piece of yarn will do just fine..

Quote:
Okie, if you have a paperclip or a twist tie or something, you just stick it in your first stitch and then go around until you reach it. Then you move it to the next first stitch in the row moving outward from the center.

Here's SE's stitch marker she sent and a paperclip...
12753_img_0120.jpg

For your SC in the ring, just use the loop of the ring for your "stitch" and keep SC in that until you have 7 of them. It should automatically make a circle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom