BYC Crochet Club **ARCHIVE THREAD** NEW THREAD OPENED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Mom said she started flipping it over to make her stitches line up better. Worked for me, so I do that too. I turn mine like a steering wheel each round, then when I joing the round together I flip it over and do the next round on the other side.

If you have an AC Moore in your area, there is usually a crochet expert who gives demos at the store on a regular basis. The store in Knoxville has a lady there on Tue & Thurs and also some weekends.

Quote:
lets see if I can try to explain this: when you are doing your rounds you are working the dc 's in the spaces between your previouse dc 's. When you get to the end and are ready to start a new 'round' , there is the three dc's of the previouse round that stand in your way,,,,,put the crochet hook from front to back thru the one piece of yarn hole at the top of the first dc, then loop over the yarn on the crochet hook and pull the loop thru yarn thru the hole,,,now you are one step closer,,,,,,now do the same thing again with the next yarn hole at top of the next dc, and finally at the top of the third dc,,,,in this case you are working in the dc's NOT around them, THEN chain 2 and do 2 dc's instead of 3 and then continue on around.

Quote:
*blink blink*
th.gif
I am sure you did a great job explaining that, apparently I don't have the right kind of nerves in my brain to translate crochet instructions.

Just when I thought I had it and got all excited and PMed my mentors, the next step has foiled me again. *new chant - I am not giving up, I am not giving up...not giving up..."

Sorry to be the one to cause trouble.
wink.png
I do hope I am not the only one with "yarn burns" on my fingers for trying to do this. I have tried crochet cabana and truthfully I am pretty sure crocheting is not in my genetic make-up. However, I am going to keep trying... :|

I am pretty sure crocheting is not in my genetic make-up. However, I am going to keep trying...

LOL!!!! No, but it will be a learned behavior you will really enjoy when you finally "get it", lol!!!!
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

Quote:
Thats the spirit!
CHOO! CHOO!
Hang in there.. I think its more hand-eye coorindination (and the practicing of awkward <at first> movements) than genetic makeup!
CHUGA.. CHUGA!!

Thanks for the cheer
smile.png
I am having a really hard time with this...now I can't even get past the steps I though I knew already.
hit.gif
Ah well. You all might not hear from me for awhile as I attempt to actually get something go show for my efforts... Happy crocheting! (hope I don't slow up the swap too much...
hmm.png
)

Quote:
As soon as you crochet in front of someone who knows what you are doing, they won't be able to not do a demo. Watching live is soooo helpful! I swear, go to the airport, look confused as you wiggle your hook and yarn. Someone will certainly notice and help
wink.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom