BYC Crochet Club **ARCHIVE THREAD** NEW THREAD OPENED

Status
Not open for further replies.
My link didn't work? It's from my gallery, so it should work. it's a real genuine man in a kilt
wink.png
heh... of course the subject of under the kilt is not included...now *that* just wasn't happening unless the guy had been up on the bridge and we had been down below. haha

WOW Karan, Love it! I love sunflowers and wish I could do that kind of square... might you sneak a few into the swap?
wink.png
I can't give you any constructive criticism because my newbie eyes can't see anything wrong with it.

Thanks Scoot and Rocket I'm glad you like it I have tried other patterns and I just couldn't get the hang of them and so here I tried it on my own. Hoping the next one is better than this 1st one.
I already finished all my squares for the fall swap and sent them to Maw but this is something I was working on for the spring swap. Trying to find something I was happy with. So I'm hooking on to my next adventure
yippiechickie.gif

In the thought of kilts I'm thinking I will look for a nice flannel to make DH a bedtime kilt hehe
wink.png

Now that might be an adventure to look forward too
woot.gif

Mornin all. I really like variegated yarns and found an interesting one at Jo-Ann's Tuesday. I have worked with this brand before so I new in advanced that I had to roll it in a ball before using it, it knots up something fierce but is super soft. Here are pics of the first 4 Squares I made with it.
sc0211930e.jpg

sc021186fd.jpg

sc0211758a.jpg

sc021167ba.jpg

Can anyone give me suggestions on how to fix the corners on these? To get 6" squares, I am using hdc stiches, Rd 1 4 hdc, ch 2... Rd 2 4 hdc, ch 2, 4 hdc, 4 hdc, ch 2... Rd 3 4 hdc, 4 hdc, ch 2, 4 hdc.. No chains except in the corners. The other yarns I worked the same pattern with, LB Homespun doesn't poke out the corners as much, and plain worsted weight makes nice squares. If I use dc and/or sc they end up being more 6"ish.

Now I am going to have to buy more of it and make me something with it. I had been working on both this and the Lion Brand CAL and completed the first pattern for the sampler afghan and was starting on the second pattern, but when I brought this new yarn home, I cranked out 4 squares fairly quickly. My DD's went to audition for Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios last Tuesday, so I had a 3 hour wait - they weren't hiring very many people as that was the last audition, so they had filled most of the positions and my DD's didn't get the job, but were told to come back next year in July when they start auditions. During my wait, I rolled the yarn into a ball, and started on a square. I forgot that this yarn is one of those that is really difficult to work with when you are outside in the heat, but when I got home in the AC this yarn is great, easy to work with unless you have to frog it.

Greenapple I wish I could see your squares better they appear dark on my screen so I don't know for sure on your corners and for sure what the colors are.
hu.gif
What brand of yarn is it? I like verigated too.
big_smile.png

Sorry your DD didn't get in that would be an awsome place to work. Never been there, course ya gota go to Florida to do that , Hello !
smack.gif
Never been there either.

Morning gals I was up early this morning to go get a hair cut for MIL before they got too busy and she couldn't do it. its a little shorter than I normal like but it's just hair and will grow out. BUt the good news is that I can now see with out wearing panyhose on my head. I found that when I buy head bands and such that they girls run off with them and I never see them again so I found that if you buy those .33 cent bubble gum knee highs at wal-mart and just tie the ends togather that the make rather comfy head bands and great thing is I can afford to lose these. but last night I ran out and all I could find to use was a pair of the girls tights that where too small for them so I tied the feet togather and stuck them on my head. At least I was able to see and get the last few rounds done on my ghan. So thats how I started the day! so far I have finished the 6-pointed star afghan today, finished puting contact paper (w/chickens) on my cabinets , got a scalping, and posted.
Ok as for the baggies you can do like SE and put each square in a bag or you can do like karanleaf an just put them all in one big bag, or as many as you can fit. thats up to ya'll. the ziplock bags are just to help protect them from the elements and such, but make sure you have labeled each of your squares so we will know who made them.

redhen the list is 33 squares.

anyone who would like to make extras is more than welcome to I am sure we may need them before the end of the swap. ya never know and if we don't I will split them up evenly among everyone.

Scoot it looks like that pattern works up pretty quickly! beautiful.

karanleaf I like it. if you want your petals to look more 3-D I would work a ch of say 4 or 5 then skip about 3 sts on the round and sc in next sts, do that around and then FO and work your petal pattern in those ch 4 spaces and FO and then start your leaf pattern in the skiped stitches working behind the flower petals. THere is a 3-D flower pattern a bevscountrycottage all you would need to do is sub your sunflowers for the one in the pattern.

greenapple you might try alternating hdc and sc or dc. and see if that works, on some of mine I found if I did a ch 3 sp on the first 2 rnds and ch 2 sp on the last 4 rnds the corners looked really good and stayed flat for me.

purr glad to hear from you gal.

risurocket you are now our official source for men in kilts, a scottish Hooker! YEa!.

well ladies off to finish up some finial touchs on that afghan and start a new project later gals Maw.

karenleaf I LOVE your sunflower pattern! It is gorgeous! May I be so bold as to ask where you got it? I am doing a sunflower afghan for my 78 year old mom for xmas and I want to do about 6 differnt styles in it , so if you would not mind sharing , I would be etenally grateful for that. I would not make them for the swap and steal your thunder I promise! yours is beautiful though, I love the colors you chose. Trudy

tongue2.gif
tongue2.gif
tongue2.gif
tongue2.gif
tongue2.gif
tongue2.gif
tongue2.gif
tongue2.gif
tongue2.gif
tongue2.gif
tongue2.gif
tongue2.gif

Too little time, too many projects!!!! I have been so busy today between work and chores, whew!!!! Nice to have my pals miss me though!!!!
hugs.gif

Lisa, that square is really good, I think I would take out any connecting chains between your sets..in otherwords, oon that outsdie row, do your 3dc and then do 3dc in your next place you normally would but don't chain in between...try cutting your chaining down in the corner to maybe 1 or 2 between your 2 sets..I think your stitches are a bit loose and that is making your chains keep your square wobbly
wink.png
...oops, I see Maw gave you some instructions too..try both, one set of new directions is bound to work out for you, lol!!! We both you want you crankin out some squares!!!!
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

Karan..that sunflower is awesome!!!!! Now get to learnin those hexagons!!!!
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
and triangles!! I did not get my book yet..did you Scoot??

Ya'll should check the flickr site off the lioonbrand.com crochet-a-long and get a peek at my snazzy squares for the wool sampler afghan...well mine and many others..some good lookin work on there!!!!

Angie & Purr...been missin you girls, gld you're back
hugs.gif

Trudy, you're such a sweetie!!
hugs.gif
Shanah..girl, get a kilt fix and then knock out some squares!!!
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Scoot!!! I am soooo daft!!! I totally forgot to say how awesome your afghan start is!!!! Very nice work on that cathedral pattern, I love it!!! So sorry I forgot but so many people had posted ...and I'm old remember??!!! 50 is a half a century!!! It's wonderful, great job!!!!
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

Hey all! Sorry I haven't posted, I am still in!!! I got a new book with lots more squares in it that I'm "testing"...

My MIL has been on vacay all week so we've been running around replanting, chopping trees and generally wreaking havoc on the yard (it looks tons better!)

So anyway.. I am still here and still hooking!!
smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom