BYC Drawing Club(NEW!!!)

How did everyone get started in art: from a young age or as an adult?
If from adult, was it hard to get started?
What do you enjoy most about the art?
Is it expensive to start my first art project??

Thank you!

I had always enjoyed art, but I was never any good until the 9th grade. I switched over to the local public school, and the art teacher there was amazing. He taught us how to make a grid, outline everything and fill in values. I guess it kinda came naturally, but I still think that anyone who puts the time into it can do it.

I've only been drawing for about 3 years now and I don't draw very often. I (unlike many of you) don't like drawing. I simply enjoy the end product. I really need to get motivated.... I promised myself I would complete a drawing over spring break and well, it's spring break, haha.

As far as expense goes, it depends on what you want to do. If you would like to draw, all you need is paper and a pencil, though I'd also recommend buying a few blending stumps (they're pretty cheap). If you what to do cafts or paintings, then the materials may start to get expensive.

Hope this helps!
smile.png

I just started drawing (really drawing) a year ago, I used to take art classes, but then I had to quit... It went down hill from there. My main medium is pencil. I use color pencil many times, that is what cost the highest for a good set. I paid 64 (? Or so) for my 54 (? Need to check) Prisma color pencil set. I am no were as good as many of the artists on here, no don't ask me for tips
hide.gif

I use mainly Graphite. I have a set of of Kimberly Graphite- (which I love)- 10 pencils for 10.99- a sketchbook-(not a nessecity, but I like having all my work together.) is anything from 2.99-10.99. I also couldn't do anything I do with out my kneaded eraser- if you ask me, a kneaded eraser is a needed eraser. (XD sorry...couldn't help myself...) You can get 2 for a couple bucks at your local craft supply store.

Back
Top Bottom