BYC Drawing Club(NEW!!!)

A portrait of my sis-in-law's dog, Lucky. A wedding gift for her. How's it look?

This sucker took FOREVER! First, I had to get the picture to draw from. Her dog was extremely excitable, and I wanted a picture of his 'thoughtful' expression, so I had to wait until he calmed down. After that, I had a really good portrait done, but it was small, and wasn't what she said she wanted in the picture.

So, I started a new portrait. This portrait, the one that you see, took me all day. I did it on and off, throughout the day. The sketch itself took at least 45 minutes. The shading, detailing, and background took about an hour. I like how my signature turned out... right there on the bottom. Not too noticeable, but not nonexistent, either.

This is getting framed, so, yeah, it needed to be done really well. This is my best piece yet!
celebrate.gif

(Feel free to criticize.)

Last edited:
Here's a koi pond rock that I'm finishing for my grandma (who requested one). On the first attempt, I rushed and didn't like the way it looked, so now I'm re-doing it. I'm now far happier with the results.
(picture taken with flash.)

A portrait of my sis-in-law's dog, Lucky. A wedding gift for her. How's it look?

This sucker took FOREVER! First, I had to get the picture to draw from. Her dog was extremely excitable, and I wanted a picture of his 'thoughtful' expression, so I had to wait until he calmed down. After that, I had a really good portrait done, but it was small, and wasn't what she said she wanted in the picture.

So, I started a new portrait. This portrait, the one that you see, took me all day. I did it on and off, throughout the day. The sketch itself took at least 45 minutes. The shading, detailing, and background took about an hour. I like how my signature turned out... right there on the bottom. Not too noticeable, but not nonexistent, either.

This is getting framed, so, yeah, it needed to be done really well. This is my best piece yet!
celebrate.gif

(Feel free to criticize.)
It looks great! :D

Here's a koi pond rock that I'm finishing for my grandma (who requested one). On the first attempt, I rushed and didn't like the way it looked, so now I'm re-doing it. I'm now far happier with the results.
(picture taken with flash.)
I actually thought that was a picture.
thumbsup.gif

okay… took me about 3 or 4 hours to draw this. what are yall's opinions? i did it entirely with a mechanical pencil, so the shading was a little more difficult...

Back
Top Bottom