BYC Equestrian Club

There is a horse club called the Allegan County Pleasure Riders, that I belong to. about 30 members who meet monthly, if your located near Allegan, Mi. you might be interested....Also looking for a hen turkey to keep my lone tom company.

I bred and was the prez of the American Criollo assn for years and now just have one Andalusian, as Im old.. and he likes me
big_smile.png

We have 3 horses and a mule.

I use to barrel race in a former life. B.C. (before child
tongue.png
)
then A.C. ( after child ) we use to trail ride hundreds of miles each year. Camping every free weekend with the horses in 4 differnt states.

Then said child entered school and sports. And now mom has 4 pasture ornaments that taunt her and
tongue2.gif
at her unkindly.

Really I am trying to get back into riding. A friend and I are trying to ride every weekend. This weekend it my horses turn to be rode.
So we don't have to haul and use up the gas we take turns going and riding each others horses. Tomorrow it suppose to be icky but Sunday is suppose to be BEAUTIFUL!!

I ride a western saddle in english breeches. Dorky I know but VVVEEERRRYYY comfy.

SC

Quote:
Nice to know someone else like breeches! They are so comfy, especially the stretchy pull on schooling tights.

More specifically than english, I do eventing.

I used to be a horse groom; and I rode hunt seat. One time I had to go to the grocery store with my mom and I heard some lady remark that she was shocked my mom would allow me to wear such skin tight clothing!!! Ha ha ha... I was so totally laughing when I heard that.

I have loved horses all my life, and would love having one. However, it is just not going to happen any time soon. So I have 4 large breed dogs that are my "mini" horses. I treat them with the same respect and authority I would a horse.

During one of my riding lessons a 17 hand gelding fractured my toe(stepped on it and wouldn't get off until I twisted his leg - the more I shoved on him the more weight he put into my toe), then he tossed me off mid-lesson and ran over me. Ouch. But I still love horses. I got back on and beat the livin' tar out of the brute. He was much more respectful after that.
wink.png
hee hee hee...

Would love to see pictures of everyones horses!!!

what breed dog do you have?
for a long time my parents had great pyrnees when I was a little kid and I would actually ride the biggest one named Tonka
smile.png

pictures? ok coming right up!

Quote:
Queen Scoot I had no idea you was into horses!!
And you are so close to me.

SC

into is putting it mildly!! LOL i am in LOVE with them...paints are my faves but i have a soft spot for arabs and andulasians!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom