1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

BYC ezboard? What is it?

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by devora, Jun 26, 2007.

1. devora

devora Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi there! I just went to the 'ezboard' b/c someone put a link in the regular forum.

What is the ezboard and how is it different from the forum? Are there different styles/parameters of posting on the ezboard?

I recognized some names there from the forum. Do many people use both? If I have a chicken question, how do I determine which is the best place to post?

Thank you!

2. Carole AM

Carole AM Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Goshen, Indiana
    A lot of us use both forums. I started there, so I go there first. This board just "came back", after a long absense. I like them both--they are similar, but yet different!

WELCOME!

3. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    Once upon a time there was a Backyardchickens.com Website. EZboard was the provider of the forum involved with the website. The owner of BYC.com sold the forum to Cindy our Chickchair and she kept it afloat for quite awhile and there was no website. Rob bought the rights and was able to revitilize the orginal website and he added this forum. The orginal forum that was once a part of BYC.com is still alive and well and many people post and visit both boards. Some prefer the format and style on the EZ board and some just don't have time to post on both. Some of our Moderators are doing double duty and keeping an eye on both forums. All in all it is a win - win situation since we all have a great place to talk chickens.

4. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Dec 26, 2006
    California - SF East Bay
  5. chickchair

chickchair Rest in Peace 1959-2011

Jan 3, 2007
    To simplify and clarify just a bit.....
    Think of both forums as two rooms in the same home.
    All are welcome and respected in both rooms....
    [​IMG]

6. roosterrescue

roosterrescue Out Of The Brooder

Jan 14, 2007
    rainier washington
    hey cc please post a link to the old board I seem to not be able tolocate any more [​IMG]

EDIT found it LOL

Last edited: Jul 3, 2007

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by