BYC Glossary & Index of Abbreviations - Ideas and suggestions!

Lothiriel

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
13 Years
Aug 30, 2007
New York State
My Coop
My Coop
I'm helping Nifty with some projects and one is an Index of Abbreviations. Lots of new peeps get confused when they see us old salts using terms like "GLW" or "BBR OEGB." So I've compiled this list. If anyone would like to give it a once-over (or a twice over, if you like), and post any feedback, additions, suggestions or ideas here, we will be most grateful! And while you're at it, take a peep at the Glossary too.
big_smile.png

Also let us know if you think the two articles should be combined into one or left separate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Lothiriel!

We get a ton of questions about the terms used in the forum. Lots of the terms are BYC / Forum specific so we initially thought it would be a good idea to have the lists separate, but let us know if you think the abbreviations and glossary should all be combined.

Also, if you have any ideas, suggestions, changes, etc. that you think should be made to either of the above items, please let us know!

I think it would be best if the two articles remained separate. Also just a suggestion for the Glossary instead of common terms for chickens could it possibly changed to common terms for Poultry? I'd say 85 % of those terms can be applied to all the poultry sections but there are still some terms that could possibly added to make it more Universal for BYC.

i LOVE glossaries! and this will save me a lot of time for sure
smile.png
i didn't see it listed,(and i am sure there are lots of other related that i know not) but it took me reading dozens of posts to learn what the heck BOSS was! thanks to backyard chicken members, this a.m. our girls had their first taste of black oil sunflower seeds! our chickens thank you!

That is a fantastic list. Is there a way to print that out? I hope so. It would be helpful here at Horizon Structures/

Could you add something for the 'ditto quote,' most commonly I see X2 but I have seen higher counts. Thank you for considering and for all you do.

Back
Top Bottom