BYC KNITTING CLUB

Pics
You guys are making my head spin just thinking about it. I'll still to one project per needle.
roll.png

Hello everyone, dropping in to see what everyone is knitting these days. I am working on a pink replica of the purple socks I made for myself for my sister. The were suppose to be for her bday which was Sept 16..I have 3 rounds left..Yup I would say im Behind. Also we were making Hope hats for Cancer Patients. My mom was recently in the hospital for Brain surgury for a Tumor she has been carring around for 7 or 8 yrs. It was not cancerous but they did have to shave all her hair off so She nitted herself a hope hat and Me and my sis one, I knitted her my first one while She was in surgury. Now we are making them the Cancer Ward at our local hospital.

Here is the link to the Pattern we found

http://www.knittingonthenet.com/patterns/hatchemo.htm

Here is the pics of us wearing our hope hats with Mom in the hospital

12488_p9110315.jpg
[/img]

12488_p9110316.jpg
[/img]

My mom made the two pink ones for me and my sister four our bdays and she made the one my Blonde sister is wearing for herself. The one She s wearing is the one I knitted for her while she was in surgury. These pics were taken right after surgury when she was moved into ICU.

I plan on modifiying this pattern to use double strand bulky yarn instead of Disco yarn for the top to make regular winter hats for xmas gifts.
oh and when we called Denise Knitting Needle company to buy more needles this size so more people could help make hats, they gave us 6 free sets for the cause! That was very nice of them I think.

Last edited:
Quote:
I wish I lived near you, I'd love to teach you!! I will, however, do some internet research and see if I can find a site that spells it out well. It really is faster, neater, and more uniform... I'll PM you if I find it, 'kay?
cool.png

Erin

Nurse post it please I want to know how to do that.I boutght some really soft yarn made of bamboo just for socks and its feeling neglected cause I have no idea how to knit them.
And I love doing the cable stitch so If you find a pattern with that it would be great . Have to go find that cable needle.Everytime I buy one I misplace it
Oh and thanks
frow.gif

Nurse....that would be great, thank you.

I spun some bamboo yarn to do a pair of socks for myself, can't wait for that. Projects for family and friends always come before something for myself though.....can't figure that out yet.

Does anyone spin their own yarn?

I'm thinking of looking into it - there are some farms around here (was just browsing around on line) and I see there is one pretty close that sells roving.

I am also in the UK but would love to join in I am a keen knitter, and feeling lonely these days..... lol... it is a dying art in Wales. But since having the chickens I have enjoyed spending my evenings starting some new knitting and crochet.

So whoever it was that was in the UK we can have a sub group for dealing with any changes in terms.... lol.

Jena

Back
Top Bottom