BYC KNITTING CLUB

That is wonderful color. Only three months? You are devoted. I work on several different projects at a time so it seems like i never get anything finished.
What's next?

Was a very easy peasy pattern. I usually have multiple projects going at one time. Since January I have knitted, a dozen dishcloths, 5 hats, 2 pairs of men sized socks, a pair of cabled fingerless mitts, a scarf and the sweater.

I currently have a pair of socks going and I am doing a mystery blanket squares pattern. That Mystery pattern is fun. Every other week a new square pattern is released. When I am done I should have enough squares to get the blankets I am working on for the kids finished.

Hi Ladies, Many of you are knitting devias, and thought this might be the right thread to share this pattern. It is near and dear to my heart for many reasons, all personal. I love that it is based on women helping women, and provides an alternative to traditional prosthetics.

I am a terrible knitter, but I'm sure that the local knitters club at the wednesday night get together at the town library can help me deicpher the kniting jargon. A language I have never mastered. But show me how to do it and I can manage many stitches. THis is one item I would like to master and be able to knit several.

THis is an unusual item, and if you find the time and inclination to knit up a couple of these lovelies, there is a mailing address, or perhaps contact the onocology departments at your local hopitals. I can only tell you that I look forward to making a couple of these to replace the silicone ones which I hate. THey are heavy and cumbersome and only worn out of necessity. If you find it in your hearts to knit these, I'm sure together we can find women that would welcome these better than socks replacements.

http://theknittingexperience.com/knitted_knockers_program/ Intro to the need for the pattern
http://knitty.com/ISSUEfall05/PATTbits.html THe pattern

THey are silly and fun and practical and appreciated.

Great Job!
thumbsup.gif
Those look so warm and versatile.

Is this thread still active?
I'm a recently newbie knitter. I took it up in June/July as a way to connect with my grandmother after she passed away earlier this year.
I find it really calming and relaxing and as I learned, I felt her hands around mine guiding me and helping me.

I love knitting now and have only put the needles down in the past month, while I polish up on my chicken incubating and care research so I was well prepared for starting this chicken journey again. I can't wait to get knitting again soon, I'm sure I have lost much sanity this past month! I NEED to knit!

I would LOVE to be able to chat to other knitting chicken lovers :love

Back
Top Bottom