BYC KNITTING CLUB

Pics
*raises hand tentatively* I’m in too please?!?

I have just taught myself to knit with the help of a ‘learn to knit’ book and several You Tube tutorials. I’m only practicing getting my stitches consistent still, so I’m nowhere ready for prime time, but I’m getting better and hope to be ready to start a small project soon. A friend recommended I get a yarn I really like a lot (within reason of course) and that I pick a starter project that will keep me interested. I’m going shopping for something reasonable but pretty and get to work!

It’s taken me all day to read all 66 pages of this thread, I’ve done so though and I have to say, I’m 1/3rd awed, 1/3rd inspired, and 1/3rd intimidated by all the talent here! Of course all the encouragement is even more amazing as usual!!!

I’ve also cruised through most of the many many links people posted and got some great ideas! My mother was an amazing crochet-er, but I didn’t get that gene I think, so far, I like knitting much more.

As far as guys knitting, I think over history that has been quite common, it’s only more recently that it’s become mostly female craft. I say reclaim your place! LOL

Oh, and if I get a vote, I too would prefer men In kilts more than cabana boys! Gotta love the Utilikilts web site, and yes, I have known several men who were man enough to wear them! Cabana ‘boys’ cannot compare to Men in kilts! Real men DO wear kilts!

Cabana ‘boys’ cannot compare to Men in kilts! Real men DO wear kilts!

ROTFLMBO!!!! ...and AGREEING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
Spoken like a true Hooker!!!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
thumbsup.gif

lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif

Weavers are Warped
Spinners are Twisted
Crocheters are Hookers
Knitters are ???
Tatters are ??

Guess that makes me a Twisted, Warped Hooker that plays with pointy sticks and makes knots.

Last edited:
Quote:
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
thumbsup.gif

lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif

Weavers are Warped
Spinners are Twisted
Crocheters are Hookers
Knitters are ???
Tatters are ??

Guess that makes me a Twisted, Warped Hooker that plays with pointy sticks and makes knots.

Knitters are knotted and Tatters are sorry they aren't hookers!!!

Hm... hm.. hm.. (blushes with shame)...

What is a cabana boy? I have clearly lived a very sheltered life lol.

Hugs,
Cat.

LOL!! No shame involved!! Not many of us have ever seen any outside of Island Resort commercials either!!

They work poolside or out in a beach-hut on the sand at resorts and such, making sure towels are stocked, those plush terry cloth robes with the resort emblem on the pocket are handy, getting drinks, calling room service, turning the umbrellas just so, so that the rich people lazing by the pool or on the beah don't get blinded by the sun, they run for more sunscreen and those fruity tropical drinks with the little umberellas... and they spend the rest of the time working out so they look pretty in their bathing suits!

Just a harmless little daydream for us to indulge in while we chip ice out of the winter waterers, haul feedsacks through the drifts, thaw our fingers out under the chicken's heat lamps before we head back out again to get more snow shoveled so our chickens can venture out for some fresh air!

Back
Top Bottom