BYC KNITTING CLUB

Pics
Quote:
I very nearly did!!! I changed it at the last minute though!
clap.gif
lau.gif

Quote:
I did a Baby Surprise Jacket recently, too! Wow, it was really kind of complicated..... I actually had to pay attention to what I was doing.
he.gif

Usually I just like to knit stuff that doesnt take too much brain involvement.
lau.gif

Let me see if I can get a picture of mine.
Okay..... an hour or so later......
The yarn is an acrylic. Size is toddler, I think, and Im still looking for just the right buttons.

click on picture to view larger image

And here are socks that I just finished knitting Magic loop toe up. Special thanks to my sis who wove in the tails from each color change. I hate doing that part. My fav yarn shop in Hillsborough NC only had one ball each of two kind of complimentary colored sock yarns that I liked so I alternated the colors as I progressed up the socks.

While Im posting photos...... here is the first pair of socks that I knit Magic loop toe up, one at a time. They are cotton, short, ankle socks.
I was very careful to match the colorway of the yarn when starting the second sock so that the stripes would match up on the pair.

Yes, I have big feet.
chel

Quote:
LOL!!!!! He's the hunk at the resort that by the time he brings you the third margarita is looking like your next meal!!!! ....hypothetically speaking of course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

Awesome socks and baby jacket Chel!!!!!
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif

eggchel wrote:
I was so sure you were going to say "thaw our fingers out under the chicken's bum...".
Chel

yuckyuck.gif
yuckyuck.gif
yuckyuck.gif
yuckyuck.gif

Quote:
LOL!!!!! He's the hunk at the resort that by the time he brings you the third margarita is looking like your next meal!!!! ....hypothetically speaking of course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome socks and baby jacket Chel!!!!!

eggchel wrote:
I was so sure you were going to say "thaw our fingers out under the chicken's bum...".
Chel

yuckyuck.gif
yuckyuck.gif
yuckyuck.gif
yuckyuck.gif

Yeppers, don't worry scrambled, I'm in Maine, not many cabanna boys up here! To windy and cold, its not becoming for bathing suit clad hunk to be parading around!
Also, Great work on the socks and sweater! You must be very proud of your accomplishments as well as you should be!
I cannot wait to post a pic of something Ive made!

I just began teaching myself to knit I have been practicing the reg knit stitch and purl stitch and just made Justin (BF) a case for his hand held gaming system. I also got my neighbors 13YO daughter interested and we have been learning together. I am sure I will have questions along the way.

Quote:
Nikki, that is so awsome. I could never learn from my Mom (dau & Mom thing) but the neighbor put a hook in my hand and needles were not to far after. Not that I'm advanced but you would be so surprised who can teach you what.
My great uncle knit everyday. Why? Arthritis, keep those hands limber, and then you look back through history, men had to knit if they wanted warm feet! It was something I had never thought of until I visited the Shaker village, and everyone had to work for themselves and mend for each other!
Anyways, what I basically wanted to say was good for you Nikki.
Oh, and for future reference... 13YO isn't a age, it could be 13 stitches and a Yarn Over
duc.gif
- sorry couldn't resist. I am just joking of course!
Keep up the good work of teaching your new friend, it helps with learning, self esteem and the ability to occupy ones self in those teen age years, grounding of sorts!
Kel

Back
Top Bottom