BYC KNITTING CLUB

Years ago I had a big white lop rabbit, Emily who liked to snooze under a chair in the living room until DH practiced his stand up bass. She would come out and run circles around him while making honking noises, her version of a sing along.

I got a lot of knitting done watching/listening to the HBO series on John Adams. PBS's Masterpiece Mystery series are another favorite of mine.

Masterpiece is a favorite of mine, also.
I just got a lop eared bunny, and her favorite thing in the world is my bass, too. She & the cat play around it. It is very cute.

We have a Sunday Brunch jam that we host at our house, open invitation to all our friends & their friends.
Today a friend of ours brought her adorable daughter.
Who promptly went into my bedroom, closed the door (I thought to torture the cat) and pulled the needle out of my almost completed sweater sleeve. It is ruined, I will have to go back lord only knows how many rows to fix it (probably at least 8), if I don't end up going back to the beginning.
I expect my sons to behave themselves in my home, public places, school, and at other people's homes. I am always stunned by people whose kids are just wild. I am going to have to frog the sweater & then set it aside. I have socks I need to knit by April 8.
Lesson learned, everything gets put away when they come back.

m.kitchengirl Oh no! Oh dear! Not an almost finished sleeve!!!
barnie.gif
That child would lose access to some rooms my house after that!

While DH's bass has a number of nicks and dings from 20 years of music jams, Emily, the rabbit, also left her mark on it. A rabbit chewing on a bass makes a distinctive sound. Finally had to place an exercise pen around the bass. It is a blast to watch cats and rabbits play together! I have 2 young 7 month old rabbits that, even spayed, they are at a persnickety sometimes nippy teenage stage. Jasmine and Zinnia are 8 1/2 and 10 1/2 pounds. When these 2 start zipping around the cats get out of their way. It is really nice when they can all be on good terms with one another.

Speaking of repair work I got back a shawl I knit for a friend of a friend this past fall. Her cat chewed one corner off. The shawl is fuzzy enough it would not unravel, had to snip a 3'' swath off the entire edge. The cat has excellent taste in yarn, hand painted silk and merino blend. The friend bought another skein of the yarn for the reknit. Expensive cat toy!

Oh no!! Not the sweater!! That is horrible! I'm sorry, I expect my kids to behave, and if another child misbehaves in my house, I tell the parents. If they don't do anything, I step in and do it.

I work hard to raise my kids, and I am not going to let some permissive parent's brats run my home.

Now if she was just exploring and didn't know what it was or what it would do, that is another thing. But my children are also taught not to go into private rooms.

Mullers your socks look lovely! I have a bunch of leftover sock yarn, I think I will do the same thing with another pattern I have.

Today I am working on a pair of slipper socks, and a scarf. The slipper socks are samples for the knitting class I am teaching. The scarf is a scarf I started exactly 1 year ago and I am only 1/2 through. It is beautiful, but very repetitive and boring, so I don't work on it much. But I need to work on it today. And try to finish it this month.

So sorry to hear about the sweater! I know how upset I get because I have to go back due to a mistake I made... Heaven forbid someone wrecked my knitting I would be more than angry, child or not. It's the #1 reason hubby ALWAYS puts my knitting in our room if we have guests over. (God bless his soul! I forget it whever I last had it because we don't have kids).

Stunning socks!!!! I wish I knew how to knit sock toe up.... I can only do top down.... and love the pattern! that's really cool!

Thanks for the sympathy, ladies. I knew you all would understand.
Unfortunately my knitting was tucked away, in my bedroom & under the bedside table. She had gone in there despite my honey telling her not to & promptly locked the door.
I don't mean to say I hoped she was picking on the cat, but I assumed she was & knew he'd teach her a lesson awfully fast if she were. He's a nice kitty, but big, and doesn't abide nonsense from little ones.
We decided to ask her not to bring the kids to the jam anymore until spring, when they can all play outside & not be wild, running & throwing things around all the instruments that were here the other day.

Mullers, I LOVE LOVE LOVE those socks. They are so neat. Is that your pattern? Is it self patterning yarn? Amazing. I want some. I'm taking a wee break from my sweater & working on socks for the man in my life. He leaves in April for a 2,663 mile hike from Mexico - Canada on the Pacific Crest Trail & he wants some merino socks for when he is NOT hiking. He splurged & got this great yarn I have wanted to work with ($22 a skein!). It is my first attempt at socks, and he wants a separate big toe hole... we'll see how that goes.
I also have started http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/the-beekeepers-quilt & try to work on a puff a day. I'll post some pics when I find my camera cord.

It is the free Mojo Sock pattern found on Ravelry.

Caat, you can use the same concept and knit it cuff down. I'm a cuff down sock knitter but wanted to explore the toe up. I used 2 DPNs for the magic cast on, it was a PAIN!!. Using two circs is much, much easier (so I've heard). It was the first time knitting an 'after thought' heel. I really didn't think I would like them. I like being able to control the length of the heel flap. Short row heels aren't deep enough for me! To my surprise, I really LIKE the fit of the after thought heel. I actually started another pair of socks (just plain cuff ribbing and stockinette stitch) for DH and am using the afterthought heel.

kitchengirl, Nope, not A self striping yarn but SEVEN self-striping yarns!

notasuperwoman ... I don't even tell the parents. I step in right away and correct. My house, my rules. Don't like it, train your children or don't bring them over. Period. Thankfully, my friends with children understand I am that way and they don't mind me doing it at all.

Hello ladies; This is a beautiful thing Knitting and chickens .Went to the Voque knitting live show a couple weeks ago in NEW York City and took a class on double knitting . Very COOL

Back
Top Bottom