BYC KNITTING CLUB

I just knit my first shawl or lace anything. I never do things that use a pattern because I'm nervous of anything other than knit or purl, but I decided to bite the bullet and finally just go for it. Youtube really helps for explaining stitches. This is the Summer Flies pattern that so many enjoy doing on Ravelry. I'd recommend this pattern to anyone. This shawl took me three days, but I think I could do it quicker now that I don't have to look up what the stitches mean. This is on Cascade sock yarn. I'll put a photo of it drying as one of the last pictures so you can see the full shape. :) I'm so proud of myself for finally making something like this. I'm going to knit one up again once my current chicken/quail hatch is through.

I love shawls & I love shawlettes!! I l;ike making both in heavy wool and light cotton.

:SIGH: I'm on a shawl/shrug OD.

"GASPS" Just followed the last link to that shawl ... it will be moved up in my Queue ... it took my breath away.

Last edited:
Itsy; I forgot to tell you that I down loaded the shawl but all knitting is put on hold with this broken finger. Thanks for posting it

Back
Top Bottom