BYC Members - Help Us Come Up With User Ranks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
All excellent suggestions!

The worry regarding members just posting "fluff" to get their post count up was discussed in the staff section a year ago and also within the past couple days before we posed here. We decided that with the changes to the forum organization (separating the social/game sections from chicken info sections) that people could have their fun in the social section and it wouldn't impact the learning in the chicken sections. The staff will continue (as we've done for years) to monitor frivolous posters in the important chicken sections and will address those issues as they come up.

BTW, if we find gross offenders, we can adjust that members post count back to zero without deleting their actual posts... so to anyone thinking about going crazy just to get their count up I say
tongue.gif

The ORIGINAL BYC message board used to have custom titles. And they were free.

The only catch was, that if a member requested one they had to accept what Cindi (Chickchair) bestowed them with.

She really knew all the members well, so most were happy with what she came up with. If you weren't you could request another one (again her choice) after about a month.

It was a way to personalize the board & also highlight something about each individual member.

Much nicer than some generic title that relies on post counts.

lcrtsigjuly05racingfinal51fj.gif

Last edited:
I don't know if it's been mentioned...if so, please ignore...
maybe chicken sounds...like they are talking....as these posts are representing do....
cackle, cluck, quack, etc....

I don't really want to be a roo....but could handle 'crow'!
D.gif

I like the progression from egg to chicken. Such as..

Egg
Chick
Pullet/Cockerel
Hen/Roo
Soup

I love culled for banned, too.

as said at the old byc we could request names under our usernames.an 1 board im on putts lil names under your nick after you reach like 100 500 1000 posts an 5000 an 10,000 posts.an some let the poster pick their names after they hitt like 5000 posts.

Quote:
You are right of course. But CC hasn't been able to be around lately with personal stuff going on.
hit.gif

We sure miss our CC

Quote:
You are right of course. But CC hasn't been able to be around lately with personal stuff going on.
hit.gif

We sure miss our CC

... in other words ...quality not quantity... personalizing the board purely on post numbers just doestn't cut it.

Quote:
This is what one other site I was on did. But it was a military site so that worked well.
Maybe something along the same lines though..I seen a couple posts with (i believe) basic age/names of chickens. That might be something.
I know in order to get the #1 (and only 1 could get it on our site). It was like 500,000 posts or something like that. I know the number was huge...
Just an idea I guess...
Shawna

Need to come up with names that go with a 12 step program.

researching
feet wet
hooked
need fix
forum junkie
enabler
hatcher
supplier
Addicted to fuzzy butts
Addicted to cluck
Addicted to quack
Bought the Farm!