BYC members in Massachusetts?

Hello everyone! I just joined, I'm in Attleboro, MA (I did not read all 135 pages to see who else is from here, lol sorry!). I don't have any chickens but once I find out if we can keep them in my town I'll be looking to start a very small flock, just for personal eggs...still learning about breeds and such, but I am glad to see so many chicken folks near me! :-D

Everyone ready for the blizzard?
hide.gif

Everyone ready for the blizzard?
hide.gif

Yep, as ready as can be. Although I have eggs at day 8 in the incubator. I'm hoping we don't have any power outages. But I have an outlet in the cars to power it, so if we do loose power, I hope it is quick. Adult chickens are all tucked into the horse barn and everyone is warm and toasty.

Hope everyone else is settled and ready to enjoy a snow day!

Just went out to feed my ducks... They were happy to see me with foods and drink. About 1.5 ft at most right now and the wind has 'slowed' a bit. Had to crawl in the snow to get to them :3. Been checking up every few hours to make sure that they are ok. They walked out after me, I'm just like "No No please go back inside!" And they did.

Springfield got a third of what was expected. Last night I quickly reinforced the chicken run roof so it wouldnt cave in from the weight of the snow. Looks like I didnt have anything to worry about this time but now it is set up and i wont have to worry for the next storm either.

We look to have at least 30 inches at this point, we have been getting heavy snow most of the day. But the horses and chickens are all happy in the barn. Our power has been holding steady, so the eggs in the incubator and the chicks in the brooder are all doing just fine.

Stay safe everyone!!

It's been awhile since I was able to get on here but the one good thing about snow is that I have time to get caught up. Welcome to all of the new members, especially our neighbors in the South Coast.

The blizzard is no fun, but new pictures are! Here are some that I've been meaning to share:

Yep, as ready as can be. Although I have eggs at day 8 in the incubator. I'm hoping we don't have any power outages. But I have an outlet in the cars to power it, so if we do loose power, I hope it is quick. Adult chickens are all tucked into the horse barn and everyone is warm and toasty.

Hope everyone else is settled and ready to enjoy a snow day!
This reminds me of the blizzard we got in February 2013. We had 48 eggs in an incubator and lost power at day 19! We ended up putting it in the oven on the top rack, two small candles underneath and left the door slightly open. The incubator was ruined but the chicks hatched!
celebrate.gif

It's been awhile since I was able to get on here but the one good thing about snow is that I have time to get caught up. Welcome to all of the new members, especially our neighbors in the South Coast.

The blizzard is no fun, but new pictures are! Here are some that I've been meaning to share:

Your chickens are beautiful! What is the kind with the feathers over their eyes?

Back
Top Bottom