BYC members in Massachusetts?

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by masschix, Apr 29, 2008.

1. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Hi there to the new folks...
    There's going to be a New England Chickenstock in Milford, NH on June 29th from 10-2.
    So you can meet other chicken nuts.
    I'm from the SouthShore.

Last edited: May 2, 2008
  2. masschix

masschix Songster

Apr 28, 2008
    Central Massachusetts
    I would love to join you in June, but I've already committed myself for the Relay for Life cancer walk. Please let me know if anything else may come up in the area. [​IMG]

3. Standard Hen

Standard Hen Songster

May 17, 2007
    Massachusetts
    Hi and welcome new Massachusetts chicken people. I have not been around here for a couple of months but am back. Love this site too! I am in the Southeastern part of the state. [​IMG]

4. hereachick

hereachick In the Brooder

Hi Everyone, I'm from mass too near the N.H. border.Also new to chickens. This is a great website full of alot of knowledgable people with great ideas. when I first joined one of my silkies was very sick, I took him to the vet and they couldn't do much for him said he would most likely die in a couple days.With the help and advice of the people on this site my roo is alive and healthy and out in the pen with the others. It's great to know that such a site exists and that there are people on it who are in my area.Good luck to all.[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. Hi I am from Mass too, I live on the South Shore, its good to know there are some other chicken lovers in this area.
    I have 9 chicks and 50 eggs coming this week.
    I am soooo excited!!

MelissaW likes this.
  6. hipdeep

hipdeep In the Brooder

Feb 24, 2008
    Hello! I'm in the North Shore! Pleased to meet a fellow local chookaholic. My chicks are due July 2nd. Gasp! The days drag towards dawn. LOL
    -Brooke

7. masschix

masschix Songster

Apr 28, 2008
    Central Massachusetts
    50 Eggs!!!! [​IMG] Hope you are prepared! Sounds like too many for me to handle, especially since I'm new.
    I was going to post a picture of my new little ones, but can't figure out how to do it....can anyone help me?

8. masschix

masschix Songster

Apr 28, 2008
    Central Massachusetts
    Guess what, some wonderful BYC member helped me get my photos uploaded......here are my new babies!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

I don't know whether I zoned or not, but Natalie, what kind of eggs did you get?

The closest I've gotten to hatching was watching them at the Marshfield fair. I've only raised peeps once and they were 3 days old when I first brought them home.

Molly is sooo darned cute, Masschix.

10. Cheryl

Cheryl Songster

Quote:Hi! I grew up in Rockport, my brother is still there with his wife! I am now in Milford, NH, just north of Townsend, MA or just west of Nashua!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: