BYC members in Massachusetts?

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by masschix, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Must Be Losing It

Must Be Losing It Lost It

Mar 3, 2008
    Uxbridge MA
    I'm from Southern Worcester County - so hellooooooo from me. I've about a gazillion new chicks and have totally lost it so if anybody is looking for silkie chicks just shoot me a PM.

But its nice to meet some new Baystaters.

Julie

2. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Songster

May 8, 2008
    I just joined! It is nice to have a place to go and talk chickens! Have a place for horse talk and chicken talk now. My poor husband!! LOL

I am in North Central MA and will be trying to make it to the Milford NH Chicken event. Depends on gas prices though. [​IMG]

Last edited: May 8, 2008
  3. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

I hearya on that...I bought gas at noon for 3.52 and this afternoon is was up to 3.55...

4. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Songster

May 8, 2008
    Quote:3.61 this morning when I filled the tank. I only see it getting higher> I just wish I didnt have to go to my moms tomorrow and drive all the way to the South Shore to leave my daughter with her for the afternoon. And we have a car that is "good" on gas

5. lurky

lurky Songster

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Quote:Hi Masschix......welcome to world of poultry. There never seems to be a dull moment with them around.
    I just discovered the Bolton Fair last fall and what a great fair it was. i plan to attend that fair every year. I am going to bet that you have been to it??? They had a big variety of poultry there, more than most fairs.

6. fowlplay

fowlplay In the Brooder

Feb 25, 2008
    Townsend
    Quote:Hi Julie...sent you a pm [​IMG]

7. purr

purr Songster

Apr 30, 2008
    east freetown, ma
    hi,

This is my second day posting on the site , i'm so excited to talk to everyone

about my new chicks. I have 27 various standard and bantie chicks and i live on

the southcoast in Freetown, Ma.

I had laying hens 20 years ago, and when things went wrong and one of them

was sick there was nobody to turn to. So its wonderfull to have this site

8. Standard Hen

Standard Hen Songster

May 17, 2007
    Massachusetts
    Welcome purr, this is a great site with lots of nice people and great information.

[​IMG]

9. Must Be Losing It

Must Be Losing It Lost It

Mar 3, 2008
    Uxbridge MA
    I agree, you'll find a world of information here from some of the nicest people you could chat with.

Julie

10. masschix

masschix Songster

Apr 28, 2008
    Central Massachusetts
    LURKY WROTE:
    Hi Masschix......welcome to world of poultry. There never seems to be a dull moment with them around.
    I just discovered the Bolton Fair last fall and what a great fair it was. i plan to attend that fair every year. I am going to bet that you have been to it??? They had a big variety of poultry there, more than most fairs.

Hello Lurky: No, I've never been to the Bolton Fair. I've only begun my obsession with chickens (so my DH says). However he has gotten more and more into it as well. I actually like the Spencer Fair. Very nice and not far from home.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: