BYC members in Massachusetts?

I have corrugated aluminum, not steel and I purchased it last year online from Lowe’s. I purchased another piece very similar from HD this past May from HD. The corrugated aluminum is sturdy as long as you support it properly.
Yeah, the corrugated aluminum panels are easy to find, even Amazon sells them. But they're more expensive than the steel panels per square foot (I wouldn't have expected that... but they are). Also, my husband doesn't want them because he thinks they're gonna make the coop look like a third world country shack :lol: I personally don't care, since the coop is a lean-to that slopes away from our property and we'll probably never see the roof... but I've gotta keep the peace... haha. Plus, savings...

Yeah, the corrugated aluminum panels are easy to find, even Amazon sells them. But they're more expensive than the steel panels per square foot (I wouldn't have expected that... but they are). Also, my husband doesn't want them because he thinks they're gonna make the coop look like a third world country shack :lol: I personally don't care, since the coop is a lean-to that slopes away from our property and we'll probably never see the roof... but I've gotta keep the peace... haha. Plus, savings...
If your husband is so concerned with the aesthetics, perhaps he should speak to a roofing contractor. They may have some excess steel panels.

If your husband is so concerned with the aesthetics, perhaps he should speak to a roofing contractor. They may have some excess steel panels.
He just clarified that he's more concerned with the coop being an eyesore to the neighbors and giving them more reasons to complain and be negatively predisposed towards our chickens... Which I guess makes sense. The coop will be about 10 feet from one neighbor's house and their bedroom windows have a direct view of it... If I can't find anybody with leftover panels I'm just gonna have to do shingles.

Just wanted to put out the word that there has been a mountain lion sighting in my area. I'm in North Central Mass approximately 10 miles south of New Hampshire border. The mountain lion was spotted near a chicken coop around 8:30 am this morning. Anyone near this area be on alert. Golly gee and I was concerned about foxes.

We've had mountain lions in town here too, but fish and wildlife says pictures by joggers and hikers don't count. They want those joggers to bring them a carcass, I guess. We're just about ready to deal with them, so they'd better not hit up my farm or this stay at home mom may be bringing fish and wildlife what they ask for. Bear already got my neighbor's dog, much to my LGD's dismay. She mourned for days. Looks like it's winter go time on threat eradication. Got to keep my kids, LGD's, goats, and chickens safe. The sooner they learn to avoid my place the better.

I get it. A lot of people think it’s a novelty or something but these large predators are dangerous. I’m more concerned about the kids and pet dogs in this area. A chicken is only a light snack for a big cat. Let’s hope he finds a fox to munch on.

Back
Top Bottom