BYC members in Massachusetts?

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by masschix, Apr 29, 2008.

1. gaeamama

gaeamama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2007
    WMass.
    I might be interested in the buckles.. where are you located? I'm in spfld. And how much are you asking?

Thanks,
    Robin

2. gaeamama

gaeamama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2007
    WMass.
    sorry, that's supposed to say Buckeyes
    (typing from my phone doesn't always work well)

3. mommahen64

mommahen64 Out Of The Brooder

May 8, 2011
    Attleboro
    Hey there Mass folks....does anyone know a vet in the state who will neuter a roo? Strange, I know, but I love the little guy and don't want to lose him, but I have one too many for the number of hens I have. I live in Attleboro and my vets here say it is a specialized skill that I would probably not find unless I found a doc in a more rural part of the state....figured I'd ask so I can try to save Alfie - such a cute little thing. Just WAAAY too feisty with the other birds. Thanks!!

4. mommahen64

May 8, 2011
    Attleboro
    Hi. I need some help from my MA peeps.....I got a visit from our animal control officer today telling me I can't keep my two silkie roos. Does anyone know any place that will rehome roos? They are tame, non-aggressive, and can be hand fed. One is about 20 weeks and the other is about 16 weeks. The profile picture is my white one. Any help / guidance / advice you may have would really be appreciated.

I'm heartbroken. . . . . [​IMG]

5. punky rooster

punky rooster Awesome

Jul 21, 2010
    Quote:Pmed you.

mommahen64, I hope you find a good home for them!
    M

6. PamB

PamB Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    Dayville, CT
    Hi all! I'm located in CT, right on the MA and RI line. If anyone is interested in a buff silkie cockeral, please PM me. I have BQ's for $15.00. I am attending the Boston Poultry Expo in November, so that is another option for pick up. Thanks!

7. mommahen64

May 8, 2011
    Attleboro
    Happy day!!! I found someone to take my two little 'roos. I am so happy. Seriously, animal people are truly the best. They will have a nice safe home!

8. NoisyCricket

NoisyCricket Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2011
    Hi all,
    I have some 12 and 13 week old cockerals who are looking for a new home - black and blue Ameraucanas, and some BLR and partridge Wyandottes. I am looking to place them in pet/show/breeder homes, not to be eaten please. Located in central MA.
    thanks![​IMG]

9. mamadukes5

mamadukes5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2011
    Easthampton, Mass
    Hi there,
    I'm in Western Mass, Easthampton to be exact. I will confess that after reading through the first 23 pages of this thread, I gave up and skipped to the end. I saw a couple of people posting from Springfield, which is close to me, but wonder if anyone else is in my town or in Hampshire County. Just started with the chickens this summer and hatched my first 7 out of 8 over the last two days. Am driving my husband crazy talking chickens and wondered if anyone out there is close to me. And this is certainly the most helpful site I've found yet, so I will most likely be around it for a while.

10. twinlights

twinlights Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I was out taking photos of some of my flock today. Thought I would share them here.
    These are some of my d'uccle of many colors, lol, and my Mille Fleur bantam cochins.
    enjoy!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by