BYC members in Massachusetts?

Pics
Nwvwe bwwn to a chicken swap. Is it like it sounds? You go to trade (swap) chickens with other chicken owners? I'm looking to get a Serama but not to give any of my chicks away.

Nwvwe bwwn to a chicken swap. Is it like it sounds? You go to trade (swap) chickens with other chicken owners? I'm looking to get a Serama but not to give any of my chicks away.
I went once just to connect with someone I was buying from-- this time I'm going to sell a variety of chicks and eggs, etc.

you can swap money for items at the swap. It doesn't have to be a chicken
big_smile.png

I try not to leave too much in the summer. Too crazy and expensive. If there was one in the fall, I would go.

Betty, the avatar and best chicken buddy, came from keesmom at the Westford swap a couple of years ago. She's great. Head hen, always happy to see me, friendly broody and nurturing mom.

I try not to leave too much in the summer. Too crazy and expensive. If there was one in the fall, I would go.

Betty, the avatar and best chicken buddy, came from keesmom at the Westford swap a couple of years ago. She's great. Head hen, always happy to see me, friendly broody and nurturing mom.
I hear you. I have not been to Marthas Vineyard nor Nantucket because of the craziness of getting there. I grew up in a high tourist town in Maine and I didn't do crowds then and I don't deal with them any better now. Was always happy to see the extras leave. I went back home a couple years ago and the traffic was 10 times the crazy. Fortunately, I knew to head to the backside of the island where only the locals go. Kids enjoyed the beaches alone with about 20 other people. Not 700. I do hope to get to your island someday. Sounds like the Off season is the best time.

I've never been to MV or Nantucket either. Block Island (RI) is the closest I've gotten. lol
But I do live in a major tourist area too... Salem. It's craziest in October thru Hallowe'en because of the witchy stuff, but really the place is a tourist hotbed all year except for that "dead" zone between January and April. Fortunately, I'm on the outskirts so we don't see much foot traffic and it's quiet and woodsy enough with conservation land, to have chickens and other livestock. We actually have lots of chickens and poultry, and even a few farms tucked into the woods.

Back
Top Bottom