BYC members in Massachusetts?

They are a pretty large club, members outside of of mass, its of new england, they hold poultry sjows aswell so a great amount of newsletters get sent out, not sure if goes onto the web, I can find out, I need to update my website aswell, doing all this from my cell lol
OUt of curiosity, how many copies are distributed and would it go onto the web for advertising??

New thread
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/790305/tyngsboro-ma-chicken-swap-6-23

DATE CHANGE ::: new date june 23rd ..........there is a chicken swap in Tyngsborough Ma June 23rd ,9am to 1pm, at the Tyngsboro garden center at 347 middlesex rd Tyngsborough ma. Poultry must be from tested flocks only, please have your certificate or cards ready upon entry. Set up is free, no charge. This will be in the New England Bantam News Letter. We are working on getting donations item to have to call out one every hour dureing the swap, I am thinking on putting in a gas card. Come check it out, come buy sell trade or just a day out.

Last edited:
One thing I learned the hard way years ago... when you get the poultry inspector to come do blood tests, round up your birds before she/he gets there and have them either in a hutch, coop, box, etc. that you can pull out one bird at a time to hand to the inspector. If your birds free-range or you have barn or coop, it saves a LOT of time and aggravation to have them all in a confined spot on blood test day. Nothing more embarrassing than running around trying to catch your birds while the inspector keeps checking her watch...
wink.png

Lol you are soooo right, lol
One thing I learned the hard way years ago... when you get the poultry inspector to come do blood tests, round up your birds before she/he gets there and have them either in a hutch, coop, box, etc. that you can pull out one bird at a time to hand to the inspector. If your birds free-range or you have barn or coop, it saves a LOT of time and aggravation to have them all in a confined spot on blood test day. Nothing more embarrassing than running around trying to catch your birds while the inspector keeps checking her watch...
wink.png

They draw blpod from under the wing of every bird ecxept waterfowl, then metal band on the leg oh make you only do birds that are of 4 months and up, if you are not if the bird is over 4 months do not have that one tested, it can give a result that bird has the disease even if it does not (false results), this my inspector informed me of, so make sure, and every other year the inspector while blood work takes swap test on like five different randam birds from the throat mouth.
Thank you! What do they do, just come out and give them a blood test or something?

Back
Top Bottom