BYC members in Massachusetts?

Do you still have him? I have wanted one! I have some SF hens and I've always thought that if I was going to get a rooster (intentionally
1f609.png
), I would like it to be one of these guys!
I held back 4 to grow out more. I'll be keeping one, and a kid in RI is getting another, so I will have an extra or 2. I also have extra pullets.

Now that we are having some winter weather, it has me wondering...is there ever a time that you don't let the chickens out of the coop? Is there weather that causes you to keep the door closed? What weather (if anything) would cause you to bring them into a safer, warmer place?
I only keep the door closed during heavy rain or snow events. I know they won't come out and I don't want to have to go out and close the doors. I've never moved them because of cold weather.

I held back 4 to grow out more. I'll be keeping one, and a kid in RI is getting another, so I will have an extra or 2. I also have extra pullets.

I only keep the door closed during heavy rain or snow events. I know they won't come out and I don't want to have to go out and close the doors. I've never moved them because of cold weather.

Do you have salmon faverolle pullets???? I lost one of my buffs to a hawk:( Looking to add 2 or three more ladies to my flock!

Do you have salmon faverolle pullets???? I lost one of my buffs to a hawk:( Looking to add 2 or three more ladies to my flock!

Yes, I have several extra Faverolles pullets. I also have 2 Fav X EE crosses that look like pure Favs. Though one looks like a blue salmon Faverolles (she is very talkative).

New here and looking to get my first chickens soon or this spring. Im in MA and wondering if anyone knew of anyone who would sell me a small batch of chicks. Im only looking for 4 to 8 chicks and would prefer a mixed flock. I can go to the big hatchery but would prefer to buy locally if I can manage it. Thanks

New here and looking to get my first chickens soon or this spring. Im in MA and wondering if anyone knew of anyone who would sell me a small batch of chicks. Im only looking for 4 to 8 chicks and would prefer a mixed flock. I can go to the big hatchery but would prefer to buy locally if I can manage it. Thanks
In spring I will have eggs and chicks, for Blue Black Splash Ameraucanas and Copper Marans, Wheaten Ameraucanas, Legbars and White Sport Legbars along with some easter egger and olive egger crosses and Welsh Harlequin ducks. I am near the CT/ MA border in the North Granby CT Southwick MA area. I usually list on Craigslist so that is a good place to look for someone close to you.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom