BYC members in Massachusetts?

Thank you for the welcome.
We have wanted to try our hand raising chicks for awhile but never felt we had the time to dedicate. Well, as you know with how things have been in MA, we suddenly had a lot of time at home on our hands these past few months.

Curious, where did you get your chicks from? I had a heck of a time locating a local store.
I got my layers from a woman locally who was advertising g on a fb Massachusetts page. They were all already laying but supposedly under a year old and cost $30 each with a free roo. My 9 girls average about 7 eggs a day from the day I brought them home, so in my opinion were worth the price tag. I hatched my chicks myself from that flock! I also have 9 5 week old guinea meets I ordered from JM Hatchery. They are super weird and awesome.

Hello, my name is Lisa and I'm from Southwick Ma. I have only owned chicken's for a little over a year now. Who would have thought that a chicken could steal your heart!
So I'm on here because I have 3 beautiful, sweet cockerel's we hatched that need a new home. I would love to keep them but I don't think Dad or they will get along in the future. If anyone knows of a local rooster sanctuary or just knows someone who wants a new roo, I would appreciate the info. I am attaching pictures. Sorry they are not the best, but you know how that goes lol! :D

Attachments

• 20200607_081256.jpg
    20200607_081256.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 3
  • 20200607_081327.jpg
    20200607_081327.jpg
    804.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 20200604_171731.jpg
    20200604_171731.jpg
    832.4 KB · Views: 3
Hi there! Chicken newbie here near Worcester.
We have 5 day old Salmon Faverolles. They are super inquisitive little ladies and funny too!
I am building out a run that that will have a detachable tractor to move across the yard. The coop itself is a converted kids playhouse. The playhouse was originally themed after Boston sports..... so the sign was converted from Fenway Park to read Fenway Peck. Ha!
Hi! I grew up near Worcester. Didn’t end up far from home 😊

I have been hearing about a lot of bear sightings lately. I don't think the bears are more active than usual, just more people staying at home and actually noticing them more. Any thoughts?
In my neck of the woods(Franklin County) I have not seen any bears this year. I am surrounded by 13000 acres of forest land though. The bears have no reason to show themselves to us.

Back
Top Bottom