BYC members in Massachusetts?

Someone my have already asked this, but I cannot find much online, does anyone know any good reputable breeders in MA that sell chicks? Never buying from TS again, and was looking for some newer breeds to add to my flock.
If not, we will order online and if so, anyone from MA have experiences with chickens getting shipped in? Just worried about the weather and the distance from most other hatcheries. Planning to order around Marc—April if that makes a difference

Someone my have already asked this, but I cannot find much online, does anyone know any good reputable breeders in MA that sell chicks? Never buying from TS again, and was looking for some newer breeds to add to my flock.
If not, we will order online and if so, anyone from MA have experiences with chickens getting shipped in? Just worried about the weather and the distance from most other hatcheries. Planning to order around Marc—April if that makes a difference
If you don't plan on buying chicks from TSC again, I'd recommend going the route of hatching your own eggs (if fertile), or buying fertile eggs and hatching with a broody/incubator. I sell hatching eggs if you're interested.

I’ve had very good luck with the chicks I’ve ordered and received from The Farmer’s Exchange in Townsend.

It's a gross sloppy mess out there. What looks like a coating of snow is actually a coating of sleet. There are icy puddles everywhere and there's nowhere for the water to drain. I've been using a boatload of pine shavings trying to sop up the wetness in the covered chicken run. It never really dried out from the blowing snow of the last blizzard. However, egg production is really going now and I need to find another customer. How are you doing @tigger19687?

Back
Top Bottom