BYC members in Massachusetts?

Pics
Did anyone catch the show tonight with Ms. Rooney as host: Chickens in Melrose.

The intro featured Steven Gag , a transplant with agricultural background, that is defying the current ordinance with about 6 hens. He pays the neighbor's kids to help care for the hens twice a day. Mr Gag feels he needs to bring attention to the current situation so that people can learn the "root of food" , enjoy the "brighter taste" of fresh eggs. The current system allows for chickens with a zoning variance.

Seattle and New york already have city ordinances allowing chickens. Now the Mayor of Boston is in favor of urban agriculture and Melrose may eventually be able to have hens. Ms Rooney interviewed Audra Karp who has hens for a number of reasons: pets, so her daughter knows where eggs come from and grow their own food. There was another guest who was quite knowledgeable about chickens and was able to explain that dogs are more of a problem than chickens re guarding diseases and poo. A very favorable segment without Ms Rooney's usual disdain. She was empathetic and interested in this topic.Presenting chickens in urban cities in a favorable way.

Ya aah!

Hi!

I am from Seattle and am trying to figure out how to get from the Boston Airport to Berlin and back.
I can not drive so I'm wondering if it is even possible with out costing a fortune?

I would be picking up a big old box (old incubator that needs work) so would either need a truck or suv or public transport that can load that :D
*I have been know to take strange things on a bus but I don't think they would like something thats bigger then me :rolleyes: :oops:
Any suggestions for a west coaster chicken peep??

Rainwolf - wow that is quite the trip. I know that there is a train that runs from the airport to I think Framingham. You could then take a taxi ? from there to Berlin or maybe have that person meet you at the Framingham T?

To drive from Logan to Berlin it is 55 mins plus 2 tolls, so that would be a very expensive taxi ride. mbta.com is the train website

Rainwolf - wow that is quite the trip. I know that there is a train that runs from the airport to I think Framingham. You could then take a taxi ? from there to Berlin or maybe have that person meet you at the Framingham T? 

To drive from Logan to Berlin it is 55 mins plus 2 tolls, so that would be a very expensive taxi ride.  mbta.com is the train website

Thanks
Looks like I'm going to have to pass on this wonderful old incubator....
http://worcester.craigslist.org/grd/2877355979.html
Hope one of you guys can use and love this old redwood incubator!

Hello Everyone,

I have a friend who lives in Weymouth and is looking for a place to buy eggs. Anybody know of anyone near them? Thanks!

Are looking for eating or hatching eggs? I can hook them with eating ones if that's what they need. PM me the specifics. Weymouth is a stones throw from my house with an arm like mine..........
lau.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom