BYC Now Available On TapaTalk - For Mobile Devices (iPhones, iPads, Tablets, Android, etc.)

I'm only guessing, but it looks to me like the Tapatalk system will attach pictures but that attachments are disabled in the forum software here. It would be very helpful to have them enabled because on ipads it's a nuisance to flick between different photo hosting options. I haven't found a photobucket App yet. That would be good.

Apart from photos, this forum runs so much better on Tapatalk than it does on Safari or Opera. It's quick, not jerky, and works well. The only thing that I'm noticing is that there is a delay of a few minutes between a post happening here and then it being transferred onto the Tapatalk App. Not really a problem - just something I've noticed.

Last edited:
Aha! There is a photobucket App and it's free and simple to use. Forget the attachment if it's not going to work. Just upload to photobucket and copy the link here.

I'm going to try the img link first.

Link deleted

In case that doesn't work (can't see a preview button in Tapatalk here) i'll try using the image link button that i can see on the left of the Tapatalk screen.

Link deleted

I can see that posting an image link looks identical to just grabbing the image link from photobucket. I think they are both going to work.

clicking 'send' now. Here goes .....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Edit: no sorry, got excited there for nothing. It won't allow me to post with the img links in at all. Back to the drawing board then ....

Last edited:
I'm going to be excited about TapaTalk but I think I will wait and let everyone figure out the picture posting part of it before I download the app! I haven't had any problems with the forum from my iPad through safari so far, except for not being able to post pictures. I just use my laptop when I want to do that. If I still can't do it with the TapaTalk app, then I'm not going to get it right now.

I am having zero luck attaching pics to ANY forum, not just this one...so guys it's on Tapatalks end, just a guess.... Not BYCs fault. I belong to many forums and all give me the same error so gve it a say or so and try again, I bet it's back up soon.

Can i use that for my Kindle Fire?? I still cant post to BYC from my Kindle.. it lets me SEE the forum... but not post..
hit.gif

I haven't used a kindle so I can't say. I think it's an android device so I would go to the Tapatalk download site and click on android. It will give you some buttons to show where to go to get the download. http://www.tapatalk.com/mobile.php

You could ask the Tapatalk people or the Kindle Fire people about its performance. I would just try it and take it off if you don't like it. That's what I would do with my Ipad anyway. So far the Tapatalk app is the quickest way for me to browse the site. Much better than either desktop or laptop computers here. It's just a shame about the photos, but I don't post many anyway.

Back
Top Bottom