Announcement BYC Official Polls: Existing - New - Brainstorming

Thanks. but I don’t see this filter on my phone. Im 95% of my BYC-time on a i-phone. Do uou know what icon or path I need to take on a phone too?
My Android has it here in all forums...

Screenshot_20231006-114227_Chrome.jpg

I do not use the BYC app. If it's not at the top right, (close this thread and look at the entire Announcements page) you may need to turn your phone sideways.

I'm thinking of making one asking about people's favorite type/color of silkies and drawing whichever one wins.
Here's what it might look like

Choose 2 things, a color and a type.

Showgirl
Frizzle
Normal

Blue
Lavender
White
Black
Gray
Splash
Cuckoo
Paint
Red
Partridge
Buff
Wheaten

You can't see the filter option because you are viewing a thread here.
You have to view a forum list.

Forum list titles are what the red arrow is pointing at.
The green arrow is pointing at a thread.
2023_10_07_11_58_30_1_Forum_list_BackYard_Chickens_Learn_How_to_Raise_Chickens.png

@casportpony Can you make a pictograph with the correct words for what each section thingie is called?

I don't even know what they are called...still.
Titles and threads?
titles of the sections?

@casportpony Can you make a pictograph with the correct words for what each section thingie is called?

I don't even know what they are called...still.
Titles and threads?
titles of the sections?
I feel like this has been said once before but I can't remember.

Hey friends!!!

We've got a GREAT list of polls running (see links in the first post here), and we've had some fantastic suggestions (a few that we've already implemented!)

We'd LOVE to add more! So put on your brainstorming cap and let us know if there are other BYC Polls you'd like to see!

Here are a few I like:
  1. "How did you acquire your first chicken?"
  2. "What's your preferred method for expanding your flock?" (Buying chicks Hatching eggs Adding adult birds Letting hens brood chicks I don't plan to expand)
  3. "What's your main concern/struggle with chicken keeping?" (Predators Disease Cost of care Legal restrictions Neighbor complaints None/I'm well-prepared)
  4. "How frequently do you clean your chicken coop?"
  5. "What type of bedding do you prefer for your coop?" (or Run?)
  6. "What's your method of water delivery for your chickens?"
  7. "How do you primarily manage chicken waste?"
  8. "What type of fencing do you use for your run or chicken area?" (chicken wire, hardware cloth, wood fence, none/free-range)
Do you like any of those? Do you have some other ideas?!?!?

Maybe we need to create a poll where people vote on polls. LOL!!
Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

(that's me. cuz i'm so funny) ;)

Last edited:
Hey friends!!!

We've got a GREAT list of polls running (see links in the first post here), and we've had some fantastic suggestions (a few that we've already implemented!)

We'd LOVE to add more! So put on your brainstorming cap and let us know if there are other BYC Polls you'd like to see!

Here are a few I like:
  1. "How did you acquire your first chicken?"
  2. "What's your preferred method for expanding your flock?" (Buying chicks Hatching eggs Adding adult birds Letting hens brood chicks I don't plan to expand)
  3. "What's your main concern/struggle with chicken keeping?" (Predators Disease Cost of care Legal restrictions Neighbor complaints None/I'm well-prepared)
  4. "How frequently do you clean your chicken coop?"
  5. "What type of bedding do you prefer for your coop?" (or Run?)
  6. "What's your method of water delivery for your chickens?"
  7. "How do you primarily manage chicken waste?"
  8. "What type of fencing do you use for your run or chicken area?" (chicken wire, hardware cloth, wood fence, none/free-range)
Do you like any of those? Do you have some other ideas?!?!?

Maybe we need to create a poll where people vote on polls. LOL!!
Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

(that's me. cuz i'm so funny) ;)
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/official-byc-poll-how-often-do-you-clean-your-coop.1453186/

Back
Top Bottom